Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #1

Tuesday Thread

Better late than never; where is everyone? Some sun early and not quite as cold, 5 (40 F), and not too windy. But the big storm that's been pounding the Midwest is on it's way here: starting as sleet, freezing rain and possibly ice tonight, then changing to all rain, heavy at times, thru Wednesday morning. Not a pretty prospect, but apparently we here in the City will be spared the ice. Did a double days shopping and will stay indoors and mutter about the weather tomorrow...not a nice start to the Winter! So the weather report is really all my news. Hope all are well, warm and dry.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday Thread

Glad you won't get the ice Eileen - I only heard about ice storms a few years ago, in a film. There are some wonderful photos around of the effects, but it's something that thankfully we don't get here. Glad that you are snug at home and stocked up. Would you be OK for food if you couldn't get out for a while?

It was bright here to start, but cold, only 3 - OH went off to play golf and now he's home, he said he made the 15th before it started to rain. The computer tells me it's 9 now, but it feels as if the temperature is dropping. OH has lit the fire and I've put the heating on.

Kizzy and Pip were so funny playing with the tunnel this afternoon - they keep me amused when I'm MIL sitting. I just wish I had a camcorder - and I don't think that Santa is going to get me one either! That is the best toy they have and they play with it every day.

Keep warm and dry and safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #3

Had an early morning muddy dog walk then baked some biscuits this afternoon while hubby was out at art club. I should have done the laundry and washed the kitchen floor but there's always tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #4

Just had a bit of a bombshell dropped - a friend whom I haven't seen for quite a while sent me a Christmas card in which she said that she's divorced her husband of 35 years. You could knock me down with a bit of wet haddock. I thought they were solid.

That's the sort of thing that makes me really dislike Christmas time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #5

My OH's best friend and wife recently got divorced - nothing acrimonious but with grown-up children they each wanted different things from life. Both are now much happier and fulfilled. It's sad but sometimes is genuinely for the best.

Me? I'm suffering with really, really painful sinusitis; my whole face, jaw and head are throbbing and when I move or lean forward it feels as if my eyeball is being pushed out A mixture of high-strength anadin and decongestents is heping but only ever so slightly. Hopefully another early night will alleviate it.

Dominik had his nativity play/poem readings this afternoon; it was lovely! If I can work out how to get the video off my Blackberry then I'll share it! I did my amazon online Christmas gift order today so am three hundred quid lighter but the majority of pressies are now sorted - phew

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #6

Sorry all.....Happy Tuesday.....I have had the day off have so far not done everything I wanted to do buit getting there and the night is young.
1. Woke up...
2. Walked Sal up Sutton park for 2 hours over the heath came back cold but really awake.
3. Done CP phone calls.
4. Vacumed stairs/landing, and cleaned all windows inside and out upstairs and down (ladder been in action today)
5. While cleaning windows cleaned out the guttering on the porch roof.
6. Cleaned the UPVC windows outside only (forgot the insides )but I don't need the ladder for that.
7. Done a decent shop tinned, freezer, heavy stuff etc...pre Christmas shop I like buying nice tasty bits coming up to Christmas not washing powder.
8. Ordered the turkey from the butchers.
9. Walked Sal again, only an hour this time but took her ball so she is shattered...
10. Been back up the ladder put up the outside decorations and lights...right round the house.
11. put the Father Christmas's in the windows.
12. Popped to the Fort shopping centre and brought a couple of tops for Xmas do's coming up.
13. Brought myself some perfume....Very Hollywood by Michael Kors...really nice...this is a present from Mom and Dad to me...I use it they wrap it.
14. Have just had a lovely roast chicken dinner so cooked that inbetween.
15. Just popping out again....need to order some bits and pieces to make a nice Xmas display centre piece for Christmas..live flowers ...of course.

I wanted to get my hair coloured but ran out of time..I need to forward plan. Have a good evening all.
Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #7

Oh a friend of mine from work just split with her chap, together 15 years and they have split....really shocked.

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #8

I appreciate what you said Yola - they will individually probably I hope be much happier, but, and I suppose it just proves that I didn't know them that well - she said that she'd had several unhappy years. 1 boy completely self supporting, 1 girl at uni. Both great kids. I just feel numb - the same thing when another friend dropped her same bombshell on me at Christmas. Guess it's my fault for not keeping in touch. But, as Kazz says, it's a shock.

Oh, and Kazz - I am EXHAUSTED reading your list. Glad you're OK with heights and have a decent ladder!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #9

Been up off and on and have finally decided to stay awake for the day. This house needs some serious cleaning and we also need some groceries.
Was 15 degrees F at about 7am, it has slowly risen to 30 now (woo hooo!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #10

Good lord, Kazz, you are a dynamo! Wears me out just reading your day! Yola, sorry you're feeling so poorly; but doesn't it feel good to have the shopping done? No crowded stores, just order, click and it's delivered; how I love the internet. Wow it's cold where you are, Tink, I'd better stop complaining!