Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #1

Sunny Sunday!

Or at least it is here! Brilliant sun after five days of rain and warming up nicely, 15 (60 F) now. What a relief after all that damp and gloom. Most of the leaves are down now. too wet to rake yet, or for my nice neighbor to appear with his leaf blower. No news, just the usual market run ,,,, shrimp for dinner and other stuff.

Hope your weather's better too and you're drying out ...what a horrid storm that was!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Sunday!

We've had sunshine and showers here today Eileen - but the dreadfully strong winds have gone. Not sure what's in store for next week, weather-wise.

I have booked my place in front of the telly at 7.00 for Dr Who - The Waters of Mars. Looks scary!!! So it will be an early supper here tonight, luckily have plenty of casserole left over from yesterday. This episode and then only the Christmas/New Year story and that will be the last of David Tennant. I shall be sorry to see him go - he is my 2nd favourite Dr. after Tom Baker. Of course the special effects are so much better than they ever were when I was a youngster, comparison is probably not fair.

Hope some other Catseyers will be watching!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #3

Busy day here! Trial swimming lesson with Domi at 0845 this morning then riding at 11 and then down to the allotment for a tidy up and to plant my gooseberry bush and purple asparagus. Thankfully no wind/rain damage to our plot but there were some fences down around the place.

Back home now and I've finished the ironing and am supervising the roast pork whilst OH and the boys have gone to see his grandson who's 4 tomorrow (the same day as my Mum turns 84)!!

Then it'll be showers for the boys and bed for Sebi whilst Domi too has booked his place infront of the TV for Dr Who

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #4

It's been a very lazy day here, just the 2 of us + cats and dog. Daughter is off to USA on company business and her partner is away visiting family, otherwise they both pop down on Sunday afternoon for tea and cake. Poor dog kept expecting them, going to the front door every now and then before eventually giving up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #5

Wind advisory here from 6pm tonight until Tuesday night. Gusts may get up to 70 mph. Fingers crossed we don't lose power!!!

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #6

Eeek, Tink, one of my recurring nightmares .... power loss! Fingers crossed here all will be OK for you. Lots of candles and/or oil lamp/flashlights? My TV & CD player work on batteries if necessary but it's the loss of heat in Winter that worries me. But don't you have a generator?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #7

We do but the gas cap is broken and gas leaks out of it. K is going to try to fix it tonight. We only have one flashlight and are outta candles. My big fear is the tall trees looming just next to our yard falling on our house. I guess there is a flood watch too. They say the next 48-72 hours here is gonna be bad. Fingers crossed!!!

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #8

OMG, not good! That's another nightmare I no longer have about the falling trees: used to worry about the huge old one in front of the house, but fortunately it became diseased and the City cut it down. This is an older neighborhood with 60+ year old trees, and twice on my street trees have come down on houses with great damage! Fingers and toes crossed you'll be OK!

You're very good at arts and crafts, perhaps take up candle-making???