Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 5 X Shorthair non pedigrees
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #1

Can we have your prayers please?

Lucky was run overlast night & it's not looking good. Just before 7pm a man knocked our door asking if we knew anyone who had a black kitten as it's been run over. Lucky is so small that she is easily mistaken for a kitten. I flew outside & it was her. The man told me what make of car it was & what colour, but there's nothing I can do with that info. He said the kitten was going around in circles on the road & dragging her back legs on the floor. She was bleeding badly from her rear so we just got in the car & drove straight to the emergency vets in Bridgend. We even had to take the phone book with us for the number for directions, we just wanted to get there as fast as we could.

The nurse said it's worrying as she's bleeding it looks from her bladder & they don't know how bad it is. they cant x ray as the anaesthetic in her current state would kill her. We just have to wait through the night & see what she's like in the morning. It all depends on how badly the bladder is injured, sometimes they are able to repair, other times it is too bad & there is nothing they can do. Some cats don't make it through the night. She's a feisty lil' princess, she was biting me & clawing me so I'm hoping that's a good sign, that she will fight. All we can do now is wait. We ahve to ring for updates at 10am or if anything happens in the night they will ring us no matter what time it is.

Please pray with us for Lucky, she's only young & has her whole life ahead of her. thankyou

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #2

Re: Can we have your prayers please?

I have said a prayer for you, take care and let us know how it goes. My heart goes out to you.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #3

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about Lucky's accident.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucky, I do hope she pulls through... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #4

Oh my goodness, how sickeningly worrying for you. You have all the thoughts I can muster for Lucky - wishing her all the strength in the world.

Catsey Junior

03-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #5

Thankyou so much, I'm sat here waiting for 10am to ring them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #6

I wasn't on here yesterday so I've just seen this. I really hope the vets call with good news for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #7

Mrs H - it was only posted today.

I do hope Lucky is ok. But why don't people stop when they run a cat over. My cat was run over a few years ago & left in the road, luckily a lovely couple who were passing at the time stopped and phoned me on the number on her tag which I was very grateful of because I would have probably seen her in the road if they hadn't.

vets can do wonderful things these days, so fingers crossed for Lucky.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #8

Lucky is in my prayers

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #9

All healing vibes possible being sent for Lucky.

Catsey Junior

03-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #10

Thankyou for all your messages, she made it through the night. She's passing blood in her urine & has small blood clots, the vets now are going to x ray & see how much damage is done to her pelvis & surrounding region. I have to phone back this afternoon for more updates. I'm praying that it's not too bad & they are able to reconstruct the damage. Poor little cat, the speed bumps the council are putting in this street cannot happen fast enough!