Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #1

Sunday Daily

Bit late for no daily thread so here you all go pile in everyone.

I've been in the back garden today quite a nice day for it actually. Tidied up loads, you think its tidy till you get out there then whoosh Gardening takes over.

Having roast pork, mashed and roast spuds, cauli, stuffing, carrots, gravy and cheese sauce for dinner. Can't wait.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #2

Re: Sunday Daily

I've been on a bike ride. yay. & catching up on CP e-mails, phone calls & paperwork. chicken for tea & just got to finish off a few jobs around the house.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #3

Awful weather continues: rain has finally stopped after 5 days, but gloomy and cold, 5 degrees now with a wind chill of 3; should have worn a heavier jacket on the market run. I could see my breath while waiting for the bus! Here's a comment from my weather page so you know I haven't been exaggerating!

As a measure of how chilly it was yesterday, the 47 degree high temperature at Reagan National was 2 degrees LOWER than the average low for the date. The copious rainfall of the past few days - most areas have tallied nearly 2 inches or more - has saturated the ground and thus increased the likelihood of tress toppling during today's windy conditions.

Yuk! Dinner tonight is shrimp creole, Yours sounds good, Kazz; I got fresh cauliflower for tomorrow.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #4

Hi all, been out in garden most of yesterday and this morning. Lots of Autumn clear up to do. Feel I didn't get as much done as I had planned due to the very wet and cold AUgust/Sept.

Never mind - always next year.

Think we are being lazy and having carry out from local chinese tonight.

Enjoy the rest of the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #5

I've just had roast pork . . . Yum. Our own potatoes, jerusalem artichokes and parsnips but with curly kale and roast onions.

We've been allotmenting today; making space for the imminent greenhouse . . . raspberries are going strong still Plus some hedge trimming at home.

I'm about to jump in the shower and get an early night with a book because despite sleeping in til 10 (unheard of), I'm tired again now

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #6

Nite, Yola, sleep well! Lovely dinner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #7

Hi, all
K has the flu so we are just taking it easy. Plus the weather has been really nasty with the wet and cold. I went to get flu medicine for K yesterday and got caught in a steady downpour and a thunderstorm. Thank goodness I was only down the street because my windshield wipers aren't particularly up to snuff for this.
House desperately needs a cleaning. I don't know how it goes from decent to catastrophe in a span of two or three days but it always does.
Will probably tuck in and watch movies all day between cleaning and chores.
Frozen dinners or canned goods for dinner tonight, LOL.

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #8

OMG.the last thing K needs now is the flu!! The seasonal, I hope, not H1N1! Take care, both, the cleaning can wait.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-10-2009, 03:41 AM   #9

I'm pretty sure it is the H1N1 b/c all the symptoms match. I had it a few weeks back but never got tested for sure. I really just figured I could beat it on my own. I feel better minus the cough that just kinda hangs around. K sounds horrid though :/