Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #1

Wetish (and gloomy) Wednesday daily thread

Still wet, although not raining atm, very overcast and gloomy but those Zumaks are singing again today!

Pip has had his first box - took some photos, yet to look and see if there's anything worth posting here.

Not much going on here today - laundry (never ending) and some office work, including checking Income Tax return - Oh joy! Gym later this afternoon, so I will be popping in and out today to see what's going on!

We found some lovely bottles on ebay for bottling our raspberry vodka, so will need to get on with that - we made two batches, and have tried the first which is lovely. Happily, the seller was local so OH went and picked the bottles up yesterday. Mustn't drink too much - loads and loads of calories unfortunately.

Have a good day all - let us know what you're up to today PLEASE!

Don't forget CATSEY QUIZ tonight 8.00 p.m. Hope you can join in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #2

Re: Wetish (and gloomy) Wednesday daily thread

Not much on here. My Audi's being valetted at the moment because the car auction people are coming tomorrow to 'assess' it. They'll be checking for scuffs, scratches, dents etc so the chap is trying to get it as spruce as possible for me.

It's overcast and coolish but thankfully not raining yet.

Have booked next year's holiday . . . we're going back to the Italian cottage where we went this year. The boys are delighted as they loved it there (as did OH and I) and the English owners who tend to collect animals, are threatening to get some rescue ponies . . . the boys will be in their element if that happens!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #3

Well, it's not such a bad day here today, dull but dry and the air is very still, high humidity so I'll not bother hanging the washing outside, I don't think it would dry too well.
OH had a dental check-up this morning which went well, no work needs doing, and I have the hygienist this afternoon at 4.00, I really like her and we always have a good natter.
The dog will be getting a bath this evening as he has a trip to his groomer for a trim tomorrow and it's easier to bath him here than to pay her to do it. He's really good in the bath, it's just the hearty shaking afterwards that leaves a bit of a mess!

What are the rest of you doing today?

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #4

It's absolutely chucking it down here now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #5

Afternoon all, just got light here, looks like another hot day..
Going for a walk over to the bookstore later, spend hours in there!
Hope you are all having a good day............

Catsey Veteran

07-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #6

Lucky you .......... hot AND a bookstore! Heaven ...........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #7

Wet, wet, wet here I'm missing the lovely September weather already.

It gives the brollies an airing anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #8

A beautiful sunny day here and a bit warmer, 20 degrees, but the winds are howling! There's a Wind Advisory in effect until 6 pm; they're out of the Northwest at 15 - 25mph with gusts of 40. Leia was only on the porch for a short while, the winds spook her ... cats don't like wind. She's back in her favorite chair in the sun sleeping.No news here, no errands today so had a lie in and have just done chores; nothing exciting. Oh, remember the Solar Cat that was back-ordered? Got a shipping notice this morning, woo hoo!

Angie - pics of the bottles? Sorry it's dank and rainy; hope it clears and all have a nice day!

All welcome at the Quiz tonight!