Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #1

Wednesday thread

Rather a dull day here but it's dry and still quite warm.

I had to go out and water the garden last evening where everything was so dry........ never been known to do that this late in the year!

Cassie is off her food again, I'll keep an eye on her and if things don't improve, will take her to the vet.

Usual daily routine here, nothing too exciting

It's the 1st of October tomorrow ....where has the year gone? One consolation is that I haven't had to think about turning the heating on yet (maybe I shouldn't have said that)

Have a good day everyone .......let's hear what you have been up to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
30-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #2

Re: Wednesday thread

Hello Mags,
I'm off work today, it seems that trying to continue to pack with a chest infection was not a good idea I really need to get it sorted though-we should be moving in the next fortnight and there's still so much to do.....
Anyways, I'm off to the hospital for some more tests in about an hour or so.
Not much else to report, Imogen is intruiged by all the boxes, I'm hoping she will cope ok with the move. I'm going to try her with some zylkene over the first few weeks.
Hope Cassie's appetite picks up soon.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #3

Just a quick hello to all and confirmation that I am still around
Mags - Cassie is being a bit of a naughty girl with this loss of appetite isn't she? It might be worth getting a professional opinion - or maybe she is just eating spiders!
PL - take care of yourself. Packing is quite a tough thing.
Have to report a new family member - well, my Mum actually. We found her a lovely poor little ex-breeding choccy lab and they clicked immediately! Hoorah.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #4

What a super company Amazon is! Our electric toothbrush had given up the ghost after about 10 years service, it just wouldn't hold the charge and had got slower and s-l-o-w-e-r. Doing an internet search I found that Amazon had a really good sale on Oral B, so we ordered one at noon yesterday and it arrived this morning -standard delivery! Really pleased at that! It's plugged in and charging and the cats now have some new boxes to play with!

Talking of Oct 1st tomorrow, that's the birthday of my first ever boyfriend and I always remember him on that date. He was tall, very tall, with deep brown eyes and very dark brown hair. I see him in my mind's eye as he was the last time I saw him when he was 18, hard to think he'll be 62 tomorrow.

Have a good afternoon and rest of the day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #5

Hi, all! Cloudy and the coldest yet so far, only 15 degrees. The heat cut on again overnight; Leia deserted me sometime in the pre-dawn hours to go sleep on the warm radiator ....no fool she! No errands this morning so had a nice lie-in and did a few chores; all's quiet here.

Sorry Cassie's under the weather. Mags; hope she'll perk up. They do worry us .....MrsH, what a nice memory, wonder if you'd recognize first BF now? PL, take care, don't overdo. DM, is little Ms No Name still unnamed?

QUIZ tonight, all welcome!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #6

It's turned into a pleasant afternoon here so OH is cutting the lawn ,hopefully its last cut for a while.

Been in work today and on call tonight so no quiz for me again good luckto the participants tho.

Take care of your chest Liz,no heavy lifting either,it's a mans job! MrsH,my OH is 62 ( but a blue eyed and was-blond-now-bald,) and I bet you'd still recognise him blindfolded, first love and all that ... aww
Dm,nice to have you around again, a choccy lab, my fav dog after b/collies!

have a good rest of Wednesday.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #7

Busy day today - and will continue to be tonight as I have to complete a presentation for tomorrow. No quiz for me sadly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
30-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #8

Evening all

Been at work all morning (done some superficial damage to my wrist because of it I think, it started hurting earlier because I'd been carrying heavy bedding. One handed. teach me though! ) It's not hurting now though

Dylan's been out visiting his girlfriends and quite probably being a food thief as well He's been pestering for food every time he came in.

Mags, hope Cassie starts eating again soon and it's nothing serious!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
DM, is little Ms No Name still unnamed?
She has become Poppy, DM. Inspected by all Mum's friends and neighbours and declared A Poppet