Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #1

Chloe has cystitis AGAIN

She gets this about once or twice a year.... another vet trip and consultation charge just to be given what I already know she needs.. metacam.....

I think I will have to stop the dry food altogether. She only has a sprinkling on top of her wet food, but seems sometimes its enough to set it off (especially if she picks the biscuits out and leaves the wet food).

She is fine if she is fed wet food only... but sometimes I feel mean as she does love the biscuits...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #2

Re: Chloe has cystitis AGAIN

Give her a hug from me. I do think its sometimes to do with dry food myself. Guinness is on Asda tiger and has a bowl of Go-cat everday. I wish he didnt like the dry food but he does i try not too give him it but he started to pinch the others. I tried the vets diet ones the wet and the dry but he just went off it so i had to feed him on something. I do hope your trip too the vets goes ok. Please let us know on how Chloe gets on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #3

Poor Chloe, I hope she'll feel better soon, Donna.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #4

Hugs to Chloe Donna. My poor old Merlin used to get bouts of cystitis every now and then after his initial blockage. He had Metacam and anti-biotics and it used to clear up very quickly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
06-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #5

Sorry to hear Chloe is suffering-cystitis is so nasty! Is she on any preventative treatments?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #6

Poor Baby, My Leo has had it recently, he is still on tablets....

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Sorry to hear Chloe is suffering-cystitis is so nasty! Is she on any preventative treatments?
What preventative treatments are there? I did not know there were any... I will have to make a real effort to never give her dried food... she needs to have lots of water to stop it coming back.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
What preventative treatments are there? I did not know there were any... I will have to make a real effort to never give her dried food... she needs to have lots of water to stop it coming back.
Cystease is really good! Its feline food supplement that contains glucosamine in capsule form. Though can make cat sick with the first few loading doses, but this stops as cats system gets used to glucosamine

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Cystease is really good! Its feline food supplement that contains glucosamine in capsule form. Though can make cat sick with the first few loading doses, but this stops as cats system gets used to glucosamine

Just looked at a few websites... looks interesting.. might give this a try. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #10

Leia's like Chloe, prefers the dry; sometimes wish they'd never invented it! I use just a sprinkle on top of the wet to get her started eating, and always add extra water to make more gravy; seems to be working for me. No more bouts of it.

I'd never heard of Cystease; good to know! Poor Chloe, hope she's better soon.