Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
28-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #1

Bit Annoyed

I expect you may have read on another thread about Tommy my stray cat and the kitten from next door....the kitten has just had his bits removed. and is just old enough to be let out..well..they let the cat out this morning at 7.30am I heard it meowing and let it in. and they have just arriived home time 6pm ,the weather has been terrible ,and the kitten has been with me all day. I wouldnt mind so much but Tommy is an older cat and does ot want to keep playing..I noticed around midday that Tommy had gone out it is 6.30 now and he is still out..I hope they are not going to leave kitten out everyday..

Cats who"d have em..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #2

Re: Bit Annoyed

Don't blame you for being a bit annoyed! That kitten is still a bit young to be out all day in bad weather, and while it's very kind of you to let the little fellow in you shouldn't have to babysit him! Could you have a gentle word or two with them?

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
28-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Don't blame you for being a bit annoyed! That kitten is still a bit young to be out all day in bad weather, and while it's very kind of you to let the little fellow in you shouldn't have to babysit him! Could you have a gentle word two so with them?
Totally agree with Dandysmom here, very kind of you to help out the wee chap. I can understand that its hard to see him out in bad weather for nearly 12 hours.
Sounds like your cats nose is out of joint and a bit jealous of the kitten, so punishing you by staying out.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #4

Poor kitten, if your neighbour doesn't have a catflap for the kitten they should at least have somewhere the kitten could go for shelter in the bad weather ....... what on earth will they do when the cold winter weather comes..?

It was good of you to 'look after' it all those hours, John but as dandysmom says, it shouldn't be your responsibilty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
28-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #5

Its not your responsbility but i would have done the same.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #6

Oh I would have too, kado! I couldn't stand having a kitten out in bad weather like that. But it's obviously annoying Tommy; we don't want him to go looking for new digs!

Catsey Veteran

28-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #7

Give Tommy a big hug from me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
29-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #8

Gave Tommy a big hug from you Kado..Tommy came in just after I posted..I dont know what to do about the kitten, I feel I just cannot ignore him..just have to see how things work out..

Catsey Veteran

30-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #9

In late july 2 more kittens where dumped again by the river in a carrier lucky they was found the next morning. They escaped about a week or so later the person who took them in said she wasnt realy bothered about them either but they was returned to her. About a fortnight ago i was talking to a villiager who lived across the road from her. They wasnt even old enough to go out. She phoned the rspca up and she said if she brought them in she would be the one doing wrong by cat-napping. She does run a pet shop no animals though and does know what she is on about. The rspca have told the woman to keep them in as they are far too young but they wont do anything else about it. I know your in a difficult dilema with Tommy but you have too do the best for him he is your first priority. Please let us know how you and Tommy gets on. I havent met tommy but he has hit a heart string

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
30-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #10

If the person who owns the kitten cannot provide a cat flap (for example they are in rented accommodation and the property owner will not allow them to do so) or the door is unsuitable for one, then I would get them to provide some kind of shelter, such as a purposely made outdoor cat house or a small dog kennel, with some bedding inside. An ordinary cat bed left outside is not suitable as the kitten needs somewhere rain and weather proof. I would speak to them as obviously like people said, Tommy is not happy.

If they are not willing to do so, then they are being irresponsible. I would then phone the RSPCA and say that it is being left out in all weathers and hopefully they will issue the owner with a warning notice.