Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #1

Monday Daily Thread

Afternoon all - no daily thread yet, so I'm starting one.

Dylan's outside trying to prevent his bell from going so he can bring us a present He's determined to manage it! I'll be getting him a vets appointment to have his claws done within a few days (it's not urgent but I want the vet to do them soon because I think they are not far off needing doing)

Weather is cloudy here, the sun's trying to peek out. Was working this morning, logging off shortly to do the ironing.

See you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #2

Re: Monday Daily Thread

Not much of a daily thread so far lol.... all away enjoying the nice weather?

I have been at work - just got in, so will spend a few hours relaxing before starting the dinner routine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #3

Hi, RCR, Donna! Better late than never. Sunny but unseasonable here, only 24C this morning, but supposedly will warm up later, hope so. No errands today so just did some work in the garden and put fur out for the goldfinches. They're back; they nest very late, August - September - so need some nice soft fur to line their nests. And I have an ample supply!

Hope it's a good day for all.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
24-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #4

Hi all... Dandysmom you do make me jealous with your weather reports 24C is practically tropical in Scottish weather terms. Lucky thing, I would love to live in America!
Well I had an eventful day, I have just been temping for a while doing varies office jobs lately. But today I had an interview for a recruitment consultant, and i got it!!!!!!! Back in 2002 I was a recruitment consultant, but gave it up to study vet nursing. This will make life easier, better money than being a temp... Now what lovely things can I buy the cats with the extra cash???? Mmmmmm that will be hard, they just about have a pet @ home toys/activity centres department in my livingroom already...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #5

Afternoon or should I say evening all.........Been busy doing nothing today don't appear to have stopped yet haven't achieved a thing........go figure.

Anyhow glad you are all okay
Donna have you decided to join the gym?...please say yes.
RCR I do not envy you the ironing I don;t mind it but have to be in the right frame of mind.
Dm Pics of the gold finches would be good any news from your gardener yet????
CW999 Have you given up being a vet nurse then...

Catsey Veteran

24-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #6

CW, congratulations on the job! If you like it hot, Washington is the place to be! Kazz, will try for goldfinch pics, but the little devils only appear when I don't have the camera! They're just back up here now ...move North as the thistles ripen ...saw them for the first time Saturday on the way back from the library (cameraless). Have put finch seed in the feeder and as I said earlier, fur for the nests ...might get lucky!

I detest ironing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
24-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
CW, congratulations on the job! If you like it hot, Washington is the place to be! Kazz, will try for goldfinch pics, but the little devils only appear when I don't have the camera! They're just back up here now ...move North as the thistles ripen ...saw them for the first time Saturday on the way back from the library (cameraless). Have put finch seed in the feeder and as I said earlier, fur for the nests ...might get lucky!

I detest ironing!
Call me nuts if you want DM but I don't mind (most) ironing. Shirts I don't like ironing but that's all. Shame I don't live nearer, could do all your ironing if I did DM

Catsey Veteran

24-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #8

I wouldn't be rude enough to say nuts, but, erm, ....strange??? If it needs ironing I don't buy it! But thanks for the offer, that was sweet!

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
24-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Afternoon or should I say evening all.........Been busy doing nothing today don't appear to have stopped yet haven't achieved a thing........go figure.

Anyhow glad you are all okay
Donna have you decided to join the gym?...please say yes.
RCR I do not envy you the ironing I don;t mind it but have to be in the right frame of mind.
Dm Pics of the gold finches would be good any news from your gardener yet????
CW999 Have you given up being a vet nurse then...
Yes, I gave up being a VN, seen too many things I didn't like in practice... And I have way too soft a heart to cope with it, and a big gobb (vets hate that)lol... Oh, and pay is rubbish! But I still dabble now and again as a volunteer...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #10

You want heat CW, come to Houston Texas, its been in the 100's all week....Too hot for me...