Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
01-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #1

Though I should know better than to worry..

..after having cats in this house since birth, and more aptly with the current three, but I am slightly concerned how Maxwell didn't come home last night and hasn't been around today
I know the heat brings up good hunting days and nights, and my cats have a habbit of dissapearing in the summer and returning a few days later looking quite content, and even though Maxwell IS a roamer and despite being neutered does have quite a vast territory I still ponder. We live in a quiet cul-de-sac but close enough to a fairy busy road leading out into the sticks, however I doubt this is it as the cats all stay away from there. We also live near some very very vermin infested fields where all the cats go, but ones which Maxwell explores in depth and at an extensive range too..so here's hoping he's just enjoying the heat and killing everything in sight.
Im not worrying honestly, more..curious as to where he is
I love all my cats, infact all my pets dearly, but me and the red demon have a very very close bond..it's not quite the same without him not here chatting away!
Just musing really, i'm sure he's fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #2

Re: Though I should know better than to worry..

Luke, I am crossing fingers and toes for Maxwell's safe return. These ginger boys do seem to wander off and COME HOME AGAIN.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #3

Thanks Angie, i know he's probably just out being a typical cat and doing his thing..they do it all the time when it gets too hot..turn up a few days later covered in dust from the sandtraps over the fields, and quite content with their nice little re-aquaintance with mother nature.
Just since loosing Bella, he and williams mum, to an unknown fate it's made me incrasingly nervous. But totally different really, she snook out on new years eve 07 going into 08 and obviously got spooked by all celebrations and well, we will never know really. Cats eh, more hassle than worth!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #4

I understand your history with Bella, Luke. That's why I have everything crossed! Sure he'll be back when he's good and ready.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #5

Me too, I am keeping everything crossed for Maxwell`s safe return, like you said he is prob`s just out hunting but it is still very worrying

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #6

I share your worry, Luke; probably he's just off hunting and will show up, but after Bella......... sending Come Home vibes.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
02-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #7

Hi Luke!

Hope he returns soon! If he is anything like my Dawson he will have wandered in through an open window and is living the life of reilly in someones lounge.... and then will realise he hasn't been home for a few days and will wander in demanding attention as if nothing is wrong!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
02-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #8

Hope he comes home soon Luke...As Angie said... Some Ginger boys... (one in particular who shall remain nameless.... his name starts with Chester!! )
wandered off only to be reunited with his mum after a good couple of months... Does Maxwell have a microchip?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #9

Luke, you must be really worried. I hope Maxwell is home and comfortable soon and that he's just been distracted by the warm weather and good huntin'

All the best!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #10

Any news, Luke?