Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #1

Ball gowns and tiaras

Smudge is already planning her outfit for the summer ball but is a bit concerned that another cat may choose the same outfit. She has asked me to start a thread so cats can plan their outfits to avoid this horror!
She is currently thinking pink (of course!) and had started to collect feathers for a boa but the staff hoovered them up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #2

Re: Ball gowns and tiaras

Alfie will be wearing a black cape and top hat with a tartan bow tie and waist coat. He hopes that will not clash with anyone else (although he does say worrying about outfits is more a female thing!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #3

Smudge's forward thinking is a very good idea, cats' staff! But fancy you hoovering up her feathers - what were you thinking?!!

There may be quite a lot of pink - I think we need to liaise about the shade more than anything. I was trying to steer Kizzy towards pale jade, which on its own is not perhaps a particularly lovely colour, but it would go with her eyes so well. She however is holding out for cerise!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
27-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #4

Cleo has never worn even a collar-I could comb her just before the ball but she might just make butter,dribble a bit and then fall asleep-she usually does

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #5

Leia is wearing a brilliant yellow gown, as her eye are not exactly green nor exactly yellow, and yellow definitely brings out the green in them. She overheard me telling someone once that she looked exactly like my late Misty except that Misty had vivid emerald eyes.... that has bothered her ever since,

She is naturally wearing a tiara, and has asked me to hurry up and find her one with topazes, rather than common diamonds! She says I have wasted too much time arranging transport to the Ball with strange conveyances like flying carpets, swan boats and elephants......

She commiserates with Smudge and the feather fiasco ...it is so hard to find competent help these days.....

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #6

Can anyone tell Kizzy whether fans are "in" this season?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Can anyone tell Kizzy whether fans are "in" this season?
I think for formal balls fans are a great accessory.

She may find something of interest in this 'shop'

http://www.sapphireandsage.com/featherfans.html

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #8

Oh those peacock fans are lovely, and if the night were to be warm how very useful too. I wonder whether it might be possible to peep out from behind such a fan in order to catch unwary mice unaware .......... (sorry, I digress .... )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #9

Oh that peacock feather one is stunning, and I like the one with guinea hen feathers too! Aggie, Kizzy should definitely carry one, she'll be the belle of the ball!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #10

the boys will be wearing a 3 peice suit each. ronnie will be wearing an amber kercheif (to match his eyes) and reggie will be wearing jade green to match his eyes.
and BTW they both dont have dates. so if theres a pair of lovelies who want to go to the ball with them. just call.