Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
19-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #1

George is at the vet!

Hey all,
George is at the vet... this morning at about 11am i put fresh litter in the upstairs tray... George hopped in almost as soon as i put it down...i heard him scratch a little and then hop out... old habits die hard so i went to check it and there was just one little circle of about 2 cm in diam. and it was bright red He didn't cry as he urinated... and the amount was very small as it didn't colour much of the litter
i rang the vet right away and they said bring him down right away so i bundled him up and tokk him down..
he doesn't have a tempature... there is no blockage and his bladder was empty... although he did have a full bowel....there was no evidence of blood in the downstairs tray
soooo... they are keeping him at the vet until they geta urine specimen so they can test that and see if he is cooking any bugs in that...

he has been a liitle cranky over the last week or so but i put that down to the fact that he is on a diet... even though he hasn't lost any weight
I rang the vet at 2 pm to see how he was going and they said he hadn't produced a wee as yet...it's now after 3 pm and i haven't head anything more... the vet is open until 8 pm so hopefully he will do one before closing time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #2

Re: George is at the vet!

Sounds like poor George might have cystitis - is he prone to this? My Balie gets it periodically and usually antibiotics see the infection off. Not nice, but thankfully easily treatable.

I hope George manages a pee soon . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #3

Poor George, I too hope that he produces a sample soon, like Yola has said it does sound very much like cystitus so should be very easy to sort out with a course of antibiotics.
Keep us imformed as to how he gets on Pauline,Maxi & Maisy x.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #4

My Merlin also used to get bouts of cystitis which always cleared up with antib's. Best wishes for George - hope he's much better soon.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
19-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #5

thanks all,
well i got phone call from the vt around 5 pm... thy obtained a sample and there was quite a bit of blood in it still..(which i was pleased about from the point of view that they were able to see it as well and not just me!).. they said there was no infection present so they have sent him home with metacam drops which he has to have once a day.. he has had a lot of stress in the last few months with Tinky passing (it was 3 months last week) harri's arrival and his new diet...
although stress has to start somewhere if it was just stress i would have thought that the manefestation f it may have appeared earlier than this... but who am i to say what goes on in the minds of cats! He has never had a problem wiht cystitis before... so who knows...hopefully the metacam will sort him out and it will pass..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #6

Fingers crossed for George that the metacam drops sort it all out.

Catsey Veteran

19-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #7

Merlin had Metacam - anti-inflammatory and he was always better on it than not.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #8

I hope George improves with the metacam, poor boy.....

Catsey Veteran

19-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #9

How is George today, Jo?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #10

Poor George, and poor you! I hope the AIs knock it out quickly; Leia's one bout was inflammation not infection, and they soon did the trick. Do keep us posted on the dear fellow.