Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #1

Found a cat (alive dont worry)...

EDIT: Just realised this is in the wrong place!

My bf brother rang him yesterday when we landed and said they found a cat and it looks like a ferrel, they asked around where they found it if it was anyone's, no one knew anything (they found it in a field and there wasn't a lot of house's round where they were) they brought it home (not sure if it was the right thing to do) but its got loads of tics... so now my bf is wondered where to take it to get the tics removed...
vets or cats protection?

If we take it to the CP will they help with the tics and check where my bf lives? (coz remember when he wanted a kitten from them they said no coz he lives on a main road and doesn't want the cats to be indoor cats?)

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #2

Re: Found a cat (alive dont worry)...

Well, that's a welcome home for you Janey! Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

IMO the most important thing is getting rid of those ticks and seeing that the cat is otherwise well. It may be tricky to find any help today, but I'd suggest someone phones around tomorrow to see whether CP/RCPCA or a vet will look after the cat. Does your bf intend offering the cat a home? If not, I don't suppose you will want a vet bill, understandably! Good luck - I do hope you can find help for the cat.

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Well, that's a welcome home for you Janey! Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

IMO the most important thing is getting rid of those ticks and seeing that the cat is otherwise well. It may be tricky to find any help today, but I'd suggest someone phones around tomorrow to see whether CP/RCPCA or a vet will look after the cat. Does your bf intend offering the cat a home? If not, I don't suppose you will want a vet bill, understandably! Good luck - I do hope you can find help for the cat.
Well we rang the emergancy vets and they said come down and we'll see what we can do. So we took her down the vet checked her if she was chipped and she wasnt, they got rid of the tics and rubbed flea stuff over her coat which will kill anythin else.

My bfs takin her to the vets tomorrow to get her properly checked over.

She is amazingly skinny and weak and just wants to be hugged. We are feeding her little and often. Will update tomorrow when I know more.

So looks like we have a new kitty.

After she came back from the vets (her coats like that coz of the flea stuff). Not a good pic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #4

Poor baby, she does look very under the weather. But lucky her to have found you to look after her.

Look forward to an update and happy new kitty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
17-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #5

ohhhhhhhhhh shes a black kitty. bless her. give her a stroke from me. i love black cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #6

Jane - you are an angel!

Vets have a 'duty of care' to help a cat/animal that isn't owned but is suffering. If you/your boyfriend can offer a donation (however small) than the vet should treat the cat at cost to him. This isn't to be abused but if the animal is suffering and you can't afford the treatment, then call on this - if you can then see the cat right; it's win/win all around.

Catsey Veteran

17-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Jane - you are an angel!

Vets have a 'duty of care' to help a cat/animal that isn't owned but is suffering. If you/your boyfriend can offer a donation (however small) than the vet should treat the cat at cost to him. This isn't to be abused but if the animal is suffering and you can't afford the treatment, then call on this - if you can then see the cat right; it's win/win all around.
Yeah the check up tomorrow will cost £30 which my bf wants to pay just to check she's ok. If she needs to have anythin else done we are happy to pay for what she needs and she'll be staying with my bf forever.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #8

Bless you both for helping this little cat, Janey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #9

how wonderful she's gorgeous, although a little scruffy looking right now lol. Hope she gets the all clear tomorrow and that your BF is very happy with the new lady in his life

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
17-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #10

Well done ..I have just taken in what was a Scruffy black and white cat. we call him Tom..had a voucher from Cat Protection to put towards having him neutered..now been done. he is now a lovely friendly boy. that my other cat Millie can boss around...