Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #1

My Bengal Baby

Well I picked him up yesterday and he has stolen our hearts, he purrs all the time chirps like a wee bird and is very loving and loves to be stroked.......... aw!

Koko is keeping her distance, and really maybe two spats since last night. This makes Rajah (my Bengal baby) more than a little nervous so he runs to me and chirrups, he is beee yoooooooooo ti ful.

He looks for her and she sits high and looks superior, however this is the first 24 hours - aw, finally a cat I can cuddle! Koko will come around I hope he will show her that humans are ok.

I tried for a piccy today, but right then he thought maybe he needed a wee sleep.

Try a mental picture of a baby leopard! Big paws and all aw. He is chirrupping to himself in the iron at the moment, no it ain't switched on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #2

Re: My Bengal Baby

What great news, ST! He does sound like a little sweetie; hopefully Koko will accept him soon. I think it's good that she hasn't gone off into hiding somewhere. Can't wait for pics of Rajah ...love the name.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #3

Pictures ........ please! Sounds a lovely boy - chirruping!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #4

He sounds just gorgeous, get your camera out please!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #5

He sounds soooooo divine, pics soon please .
Sounds like Koko is accepting him if she hasn`t totally gone berserk and gone into hiding, thats good news.

Catsey Junior

02-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #6

Well 5 am this morning screams from downstairs So I went down, he is sitting chirruping at Koko who is sitting on sofa all puffed up. As soon as she saw me whe flung a vicious swipe in his direction and flew upstairs, where she still is. She is shut in the small living room with a litter tray etc etc and the feliway diffusser on, but being her normal self.

He decided that he would just come with me, climbed on the bed, purred and curled up and went to sleep, so a couple more hours of sleep for me.

And do you know what? If she can't accept him, or calm down sadly she will be the one to go.

Catsey Junior

02-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #7

Actually it is almost a sound track you need of this cat, not just a piccy. I have never heard a cat make these little cheep cheep noises!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #8

wow you got him... you move fast... last time i heard you were thinking about it.. good for you... looking forward to photos!

Catsey Junior

02-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #9

Actually I had been thinking about it for a while, and Jenny (his breeder) only lives a mile away.

They are both asleep now, Rajah under my bed and Koko in the little sitting room with the door shut.

It is only a couple of days, and I think I will leave them separated today and tonight. We will see in a couple of weeks if this is going to work!

Piccys later.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #10

if it's any help... I have just introduced a new kitten to my established cat... we were told to get a dry face cloth.. pat the kitten with it.. and then pat the established cat with it... and then pat the kitten with it again... and do that a few times a day... it gets their scents swapped... which is what koko is probably peeved about...I know it's difficult for you to pat koko but mabe you could rub the cloth where she likes to sit/sleep instead of her .. it might be worth a try