Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
26-04-2009, 02:26 AM   #1

Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Hi all.. a friend has a kitten that she got just before christmas.. they called it Albert.. which was changed to Albert Bang... because he kept on banging into things and generally had co ordingation skilss that were a bit off.... they thought it was just kitten behaviour..but she called me yesterday to say that Albert Bang had had some investigations to establish what his problem was because he didn't seem to be growing out of his clumsiness.. it hadn't got any worse.. but wasn't getting any better...
He has had lots of tests including bloods, xrays, even an MRI and everything has come back normal.. The vet now believes Albert has Cerebellar Hypoplasia..
As i hadn't head of it before i did some research on the net and came upon this video...

petplace.com/cat-videos.aspx?p=87

My friend told me that the vet is going to keep a close eye on Albert Bang They repeated some of the tets to make sure that they were in fact all clear... hopefully everything stays as it is...
The video that i found has a beautiful cat in it named Charley...my heart just melted when i saw him..

Almost a Veteran Member

26-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #2

Re: Cerebellar Hypoplasia

ooops... the link i put in there hasn't come up as a link... so you will have to copy and paste it into your browser... sorry guys!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #3

Isn`t Charlie just the sweetest cat you have seen and yes he does melt your heart he is just soooooo gorgeous, he dosen`t look at all phased by it at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #4

This is a link to a site that goes into a lot more detail about CH. Elaine found it. Hope it can be of help.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/cere...ypoplasia.html

Almost a Veteran Member

30-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #5

thanks for the link.. i'll pass it onto Jackie.. the kittens in the video on this site look to very badlly affected... although.. mybe just in comparison to Albert they look bad...interestingly its caused by someting as simple as the incorrect timing of vaccinations... you learn something new every day!