Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1

Igloo type cat beds

Although Kizzy is getting less jumpy, she is a girl who obviously likes to feel enclosed/secure and is still hiding behind the two door filing cabinet in the office for most of the day really. This space is basically 7.5 inches x 18 inches (19 x 47 cm approx). I can look in on her and she does seem quite happy, if a bit constricted! I wondered if she would take to one of those igloo type cat beds. Does anyone use them, or have any views about them???

We've tried the cat snoozer-type bed that I bought for Merlin that he never used and she seems defeated by getting into it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #2

Re: Igloo type cat beds

I use all kinds of beds, my cats like their comforts especially Bernie, he has to try out each new bed first.
I have a duffle/igloo type cat bed and they both love it. I wouldnt recoment it though as it's not as sturdy as it appears to be and tends to colapse on them. Other than that most igloo beds are good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #3

Bentley likes his igloo bed. It's a 'stuffed fabric' one.
I used to have a basketware one and I thought that was a very nice cat bed, with a cosy cushion or blankie in it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #4

I bought a nice wicker igloo bed for Sultan, neither he nor any of his successors would use it ......

While you're deciding, why not give her a BOX!? With a nice soft cushion or towel in it. Leia often sleeps in a box.

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #5

I think a box sounds like a very good idea ............ Kizzy would love it!

(She is still trouser trumpeting btw!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #6

I was thinking of a box with a circle cut in the front so she can jump in and out, and you could line it with some vetbed or similar fabric to make it all cozy!

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #7

Yes, that sounds just right Donna - I'll keep my eyes open for a suitable box next time I go to the supermarket!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #8

None of my cats have used an igloo bed despite liking to go in and under other things.

I agree a box would do the trick - most of mine liked that, except Alfie, who will defend his radiator bed to the death!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
19-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #9

Tolly slept in a cat bed for a short time but generally my lot ignore them and sleep on beds, sofas, piles of clean laundry, filing trays etc. I think a box is a great idea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #10

Leia asked me to send this message to Kizzy!

This is the kind of box I like, it's as if I have my own very personal cave to hide in all snug. We get a lot of boxes here as mom orders many things on line that come in boxes, and I get to inspect them and help open them! But she hasn't put a cushion in them for me, I think she should! I'm sure you will be very happy in your new home; I met your mum at the virtual tea party she held last year and she is a lovely person. Best regards, HRH Princess Leia