Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 rescue cats
17-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #1

Greetings!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Catsey - after being a life-long cat fan, I've recently been able to offer a home to my first feline companions.

About a month ago, I adopted two sisters from a rescue centre, and named them Bella and Alice. They're now about 9 months old, growing quickly every day, but have been quite nervous and shy since I got them.

From my perspective, it's seemed a long, slow process, but gradually the little darlings are warming to me! I'm now looking forward to the day when I can finally groom or stroke them. They are becoming more confident with each day, and I can really see now that it might only be a matter of time!

I've been scouring the forums and reading books trying to learn as much as possible about how to coax A & B round and give them the best life possible. It's also nice to find out about other people's cats and their stories of life together.

Thank you for the warm welcome so far!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
17-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #2

Re: Greetings!

Glad to have a new member on board, and I love the names Bella and Alice can`t wait to meet them

These 2 sleepy heads are Maximus and Maisy-Jane,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #3

Look forward to hearing all about their adventures. Have they been brave enought o have their photo taken? If so, we'd love to see them.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #4

A warm welcome to Catsey!

Looking forward to hearing more about Bella and Alice....

If you have difficulty posting your pics on Catsey, this link will help .....

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195

Enjoy the forums!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #5

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekittie
Hi everyone,
I'm new to Catsey - after being a life-long cat fan, I've recently been able to offer a home to my first feline companions.

About a month ago, I adopted two sisters from a rescue centre, and named them Bella and Alice. They're now about 9 months old, growing quickly every day, but have been quite nervous and shy since I got them.

From my perspective, it's seemed a long, slow process, but gradually the little darlings are warming to me! I'm now looking forward to the day when I can finally groom or stroke them. They are becoming more confident with each day, and I can really see now that it might only be a matter of time!

I've been scouring the forums and reading books trying to learn as much as possible about how to coax A & B round and give them the best life possible. It's also nice to find out about other people's cats and their stories of life together.

Thank you for the warm welcome so far!
Do you live West Midlands by any chance?

Sorry, should have said welcome to Catsey....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #7

Looking forward to chatting and hearing more about Alice and Bella. Any questions, just ask away!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #8

Hello welcome,

Which cat rescue did you get the kittens from...CP by chance?,

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
18-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #9

Welcome to catsey, good luck with the new cats. I'm sure that if you give them plenty of time you will be rewarded with the loving cats that you want.

Cats owned: 2 rescue cats
18-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #10

Thanks for the replies, everyone - your cat pictures are gorgeous! Will have to see if I can get pics of my two up here (thanks for the tips, Mags)

Smudgley & Kazz - I'm in the East Midlands, but no, sorry, I didn't adopt from CP. I got these girls from a small, local shelter before I had the chance to visit CP!