Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily - Yup Snow!

Hiya, just popped on to say that
All is well apart from the weather. Almost got bit in the face by a parrot, my own fault for being too cocky
I hate driving in this weather but had to come home and say hello to my babies.
Thats it from me for now, gota go, dogs to walk and must get back to the birds.
I see I will have lots to catch up on when i get back next week
Bye for now xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
04-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily - Yup Snow!

Morning all, No snow again today but the sky looks like it could snow a bit.

Just got in from work, having my dinner then gotta clean my fish tank, havnt done it for a while (naughty me!)

Have a nice day all.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #3

Morning! No snow here, but it's very, very cold. My iphone tells me -3 cant that be right?!

Another normal work day then 2 gym classes this evening: core balls followed by step. Really enjoyed my belly dancing class last night, she was showing us more moves like figure of 8 followed by reveres figure of 8, that can boggle the mind slightly! And our first routine She did say that Belly Dancing is performance dance so it's not just the moves but your entire demeanour, and that all of us had looks of petrified concentration not the most seductive! Will need to pin down the moves then work on looking alluring

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #4

It's thawing at pace here, but the roads and pavements (local) are still too bad to risk walking. Maybe this afternoon.
It's really funny as great sheets of ice/snow are sliding down the roofs and crashing into the garden. Dinah is beside herself - a bit cross and protective of us, but a bit terrified too. She's standing in the garden on 3 legs, one front paw up like a pointer, hackles raise, looking up! "Oh no - I'm only a little dog but I'll have to protect everyone from this danger/snow monster"
Have a big pot of soup cooking but no news to relate, I'm afraid.
Be warm and take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #5

Good Morning! The snow remains and is calling for more. Slushy now and very wet underfoot. Temp not too bad above frezing but low temps and more snow predicted for tomorrow. I am in work tonight on a night shift so I'll take in a small case of overnight essentials in case I have to stay, seeing as I'm on night duty again Thursday night.

Posh went for her booster jab today and general check up. She's now just over 4kg so her weight has regained since the tooth extractions and she's well in herself.

Can't wait for the sunshine of Southern California next Thursday (12th) hope that Heathrow is all snow free by then

take care all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #6

The roads are absolutely running with melting snow! It's nearly all gone now. The birds are all taking advantage and having a bath (fluffing their duvets) in the gutters

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #7

Snow still on the ground here. Taking the boys to school this morning involved driving on sheet ice as the roads there had been completely ignored grit-wise

I understand that about a foot of snow is expected in Reading tomorrow - road chaos again!

Not much happening here, OH on the phone arguing with a client (a notorious one). Must get on . . .

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #8

Heavy snow forecast for here tomorrow too ......at least the last fall has now thawed..
Our schools did quite well here with only two closing this week.....much to the disappointment of two very excited grandchildren!

Looking forward to a warming beef casserole with crusty bread later...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #9

Hi everybody ,
The snow here is slowly disapearing with the temp warming up abit and the sun shinning down on it, overall it is quite a nice day here weather wise.

I am abit on tender hooks waiting for the vet to phone about Maxi`s urinary results, I am hoping that the news is good news and they have not found any abnormal results, and it is just a case of cytitis that is taking abit longer to clear up, I believe that sometimes it can take upto about 6 weeks to clear up properly .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #10

Afternoon all, no snow here, just rain off and on, and its not nearly as cold today..Spent my 2 hours in the hairdressers this morning,not a grey hair in sight now... going dog walking in a while....