Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA anymore
02-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #1

Missing my little Luna

Hi everyone,

Is late and yet again, another night unable to sleep. I had to take the sooo difficult decision of putting to sleep my beloved friend Luna. It was last Frid, 30th of Jan. She collapsed for a second time within three days, her heart was poorly. She had survived a previous blood clot which paralised her rear legs, recovered function of the left one but not her right one, everything in the past 3 months, she struggled but did not want to let go, til the very end..

I've written few 'scripts' or poems which I would also like to post/share, after my introduction..

I am sending my strenght to all those cat owners who may be grieving the loss of their friends.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
02-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #2

Re: Missing my little Luna

So sorry to hear about Luna.

The loss of a loved pet is hard to take and my heart goes out to you.

I've four cats which are getting on a bit and I know for a fact I'll be devestated several times over in the next few years.

I'll read your 'scripts' and having lost dogs and cats I'll no doubt understand.

02-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #3

Thank you for your message Phil. I am still unable to sleep!! Yes, is being the hardest thing I've done in my life, consenting euthanasia, she was so afraid. I would have taken her back home but knew couldn't, not this time, wanted her to look at me but she was too afraid, her view blurred, it was extremelly hard to stay with her all the way but don't regret it, I think that while in fear (she knew something bad was going to happen to her) she still felt me next to her. I hope you still get plenty of time with all your beloved ones but would say that, if one day you also face with the dilema of euthanasia, don't doubt to be there til the very end, may be harder for you to recover from the loss, but it's the very last gift you can give them.
Thank you,once again,
Raquel

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #4

I know its hard when they go to kitty heaven,and we miss them so dearly, but at least they are at peace now, I still miss my Charkie and still think about him every day .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #5

So very sorry for your loss Raquel. I lost my Smudge some years ago now, but I stayed with her and it was very very hard, so I understand what you are saying. Those minutes are with me still and my current friend Merlin is 23 years old and I am dreading having to go through it again, but I could never leave him alone - it just wouldn't be right.

02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #6

I know Angie, you never forget them, in a way is good as they definately still live in our hearts, at least!

Love
Raquel