Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Sudays Thread

You must all be doing somethin good today with there not being a daily yet!

I was in work this morning and i'm currently in the middle of getting ready to go to Manchester to our fave Thai restaurant for my parents wedding anniversary.

Just looked out side and its lightly snowing (can hardly see the flakes really) hope it snows harder and sticks. (That should brighten me up a little after the kitten situation!

Have a nice day people.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #2

Re: Sudays Thread

Traces of blue sky appearing this afternoon but it's very cold here...

Had a lazy morning today, I watched the Australian Open Final between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal which started at 8.45am ........... intending to pop in and out while doing the chores.. It was such an excellent final and I was thoroughly engrossed in it that I was glued to the screen. Congratulations to Nadal for winning and well done to both players for such a brilliant final..

Soooo........ hubby cooked the Sunday roast today, made a good job of it too!

Hope you enjoy your meal for your parent's anniversary Jane...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #3

Hi, Janey, Mags! Lovely day here, sunny and up to 7 degrees already, much nicer than yesterday's -6! Did the usual market run ...trying a new recipe for Zuppa di Pesce tonight (Italian fish stew); sounds as if it will be very tasty. I like trying new things, will report. Today is Super Bowl Sunday, which I am trying to ignore as I'm not interested in sports, but it's all over the TV. I'll be on Catsey!

Janey, hope it's a lovely dinner; I really like Thai food.

Fingers crossed that you won't get the awful storm they're forecasting..... stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #4

Belated daily Hellos to everyone!

Very cold here - we have had some snow but it has stopped - not sure how long for though.

Do hope you enjoy your parents' wedding anniversary dinner Janey and that you get to the restaurant and back safe and sound. You may get your wished for snow tomorrow!

Lovely that your OH did your Sunday roast Mags, hope you are both warm and well settled for the afternoon. I find that eating a full meal at lunchtime makes me have a sleep in the afternoon .........

Love the sound of your Italian fish stew Eileen - hope it pushes all the right buttons for you and if it does, hope you are happy to share the recipe!

I am trying Quorn for the first time tonight in a cottage pie! It is so low in calories, perhaps that will offset the butter in the mashed potatoes!!!!

Do hope everyone manages to stay safe and warm this week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #5

It's bitterly cold here today, no snow, but very blue/fluffy cloud sky with a brisk wind. Been off to see budgie pals of Ceri's today, no my bag but had a lovely welcome from them, cups of tea and welsh cakes
Home now and finished my ironing, catching up with Corrie, then tonight relax, unwind and , yes, a glass of vino. Why not!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #6

Not really done a right lot today, I have just done abit of house work then lounged about with my kitties .
Not felt to clever really I have been abit bunged and got a sore throat, feel like I am going to start with a cold .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #7

Been to work on an early shift and that me done with work for a fortnight

Took Bess to the beach for a playdate with her cousin Archie who is a GSD X lurcher rescue. Bess is so scared of heights and wouldn't walk on the sea wall or even look down to the ground from my car boot.

Its bitterly cold here but no snow as yet. Feeling very hormonal today and diet gone completely out of the window and have eaten half the contents of Cadbury's!!!! Back on track tomorrow as I now feel sick.

Both cats are now in and I'm doing a half hourly check on the weather whilst Andrew prepares himself to watch the superbowl on BBC.

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Been to work on an early shift and that me done with work for a fortnight

Took Bess to the beach for a playdate with her cousin Archie who is a GSD X lurcher rescue. Bess is so scared of heights and wouldn't walk on the sea wall or even look down to the ground from my car boot.

Its bitterly cold here but no snow as yet. Feeling very hormonal today and diet gone completely out of the window and have eaten half the contents of Cadbury's!!!! Back on track tomorrow as I now feel sick.

Both cats are now in and I'm doing a half hourly check on the weather whilst Andrew prepares himself to watch the superbowl on BBC.
They show that on TV there!?? There's no escape from it, even the NY Times crossword had it as today's theme!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #9

Oh yes indeed they are showing it.

Its the first time the BBC have shown it. I think Andrew watched it last year on some foreign station. He loves it and has got his beer and nibbles ready.

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #10

Men and football!