Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #1

Cosy Saturday thread

The fire stayed in overnight, so I am warm as toast, though I've been awake since 5.15 and up since just after 6. Early night for me tonight I think.

I watched The Other Boleyn Girl last night, really enjoyed it. Does anyone know if the story is based on truth? If so . However much we moan about the royals now at least there's not the nepotism and jostling for position among the lesser nobles that there was then.

No snow or frost here - the forecast seems to sat Monday?Tuesday will be the worst. As long as I walk down to the butcher this morning I think we can withstand a week or so snowed in (some chance of that!) One day I must tell you about the winter of 1961/62 when the snow fell on Boxing Day and didn't clear till Easter!

Have a pleasant day and keep warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #2

Re: Cosy Saturday thread

Morning. Havent yet opened the curtains to look at what the weather is like outside. Am packed and ready to go. Just got to get showered and dressed, clean out litter boxes and hammy tank, then I'm off to see nadia before she leaves and get all my instructions.
Hope Eva doesnt stress in my absense, I will ofcourse try to pop in and see her when I can.
Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #3

It's not looking too bad out there and seeing as I got to go out in it in a minute I'm feeeling ok about that.
I'm dreading the snow, it gets me all nervous and worried about getting to and from work. It'd be great if I could stay in around home with the fire on and plenty of food and telly Looks like we'll miss a lot of it anyways as it'll be the east of Britain that cops it , hope so!

Off to the shops this morning, see you laters

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
It's not looking too bad out there and seeing as I got to go out in it in a minute I'm feeeling ok about that.
I'm dreading the snow, it gets me all nervous and worried about getting to and from work. It'd be great if I could stay in around home with the fire on and plenty of food and telly Looks like we'll miss a lot of it anyways as it'll be the east of Britain that cops it , hope so!

Off to the shops this morning, see you laters
Thanx for that, we dont want it either

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
31-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #5

I want the cold weather, I love it.

Morning all. Just come back from work, going shopping in a bit then having a look round some cat protections. My bf wants another cat!!! Yay.

Its bright and cloudy with some slight blue here.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #6

Cold but dry here, snow is forecast for Monday and Tuesday I do prefer the cold days to wet and mild ones, so much healthier I think.

Not a lot happening today, shopping is done so indoors for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
31-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #7

Hi there, its fairly mild here today and there is a bit of sunshine here yeh.
Having a lazy day today, I have just taken Maisy out for her first outing on her harness in the garden, she had a lovely time having a wee little adventure .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #8

Afternoon all, lovely here today, but still windy...Done my housework, even cleaned the windows today, hoping the window cleaner will come next week, haveing trouble seeing out!!!!
Got to pick up food from The CP today and deliver it to some foster's.....Nothing else planned yet...
Hope you all are hving a good day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #9

Hi, all. Sounds as if you lot are hunkering down for some nasty weather! Hope it won't be too bad. We have a forecast for snow Tuesday, so will also do a preparatory food stock-up in case ...... the larder and freezer are well supplied, but always need fresh fruit and salad greens.
Really really cold today, -6, wind chill -12, brrr! The sun is shining brightly but not helping to warm things up; I di hate cold weather... usual library run and got vermouth.

DM, would love to hear the story of the snow of '61! Perhaps we should have a thread about the worst blizzard we've ever had to endure ..I could tell a few! Elaine, hope the house sitting goes well, will miss you. Leesy, glad Maisy enjoyed her excursion on the harness.

Enjoy the day, brace for the weather and stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #10

It was 62/63 DM
I'll tell you tomorrow, or maybe later. I'm off to watch John Adams. I presume you've seen it DM?