Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
30-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #1

Fridays gloomy thread

Its dull and raining here, not sure if its cold or not as ive only just woken up (Its my day off, Im allowed lol)

Got nothin planned today apart from going to Tesco after (My mums having a free eye sight done, found a voucher on the internet!)

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #2

Re: Fridays gloomy thread

Same here Janey, rain and more rain.
Feeling better and brighter after yesterday's bad belly day.
Working this pm so catching up on house stuff this morning. Made an appt. to take Posh for her booster jabs next Wednesday morn. haven't told her that yet tho

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #3

Having a slow sluggish start to what seems to be a chilly day. No plans except for some laundry, dog walk and supermarket later on.

Had a very interesting dream last night, I single-handedly broke up a neo-nazi cell run in the depths of the English countryside!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #4

It's dry here but overcast and cold. My CP colleague came with the van this morning and took lots of jumble/eBay stuff that I've been looking to get rid of for ages plus a carrier bag full of change that I've been collecting around the house and at work. Sebi and I have swept the garden and driveway - he worked very hard and dustpanned beautifully

My interior designer friend will be over soon with some finalised plans for my bathroom. Still working on getting rid of the walk-in shower and going back to a bath because of cleaning my two mucky boys If the plans are photographable I'll try and take a picture and post here an idea of what I'm trying to achieve.

Must run . . . I smell a nappy change

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #5

Sunshine after the rain here. I've packed OH off for the weekend, after doing a bit of shopping earlier, so my time is my own till Sunday evening. I'll be able to play snowballs with myself if the forecast is accurate. That would be because I have just bought 2 lemon trees, one for myself and one for my sister's forthcoming birthday They are supposed to be frost resistant down to -5C but I'm not going to trust that and will move them to the garage. Next year I'll get mine one of the fleecy winter jackets. Good looking trees though, about 4' - 4'6", and dark glossy leave. And the aroma when you brush against them! Fab. Makes you want to break out the gin & tonic
I think I'll head off out with Dinah now, it's probably the best part of the day. Speak later. Be good.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
30-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #6

ARGH who mentioned G&T I'm sure Eileen will join me in a few later on?

Done housework, been for lunch and shopping. Been dog walking on the beach and I'm looking forward to cuddles on the couch with JR tonight.

Kitted out our cars with some comic relief red noses too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #7

Hi, all! Sun out and up to 1 degree, but flurries forecast for afternoon, no accumulation expected! Finally got to the market...in need of salad greens to go with tonight's soup. And more cheese..was thinking as I put stuff away that I have 4 kinds of cheese in the fridge! No signs whatsoever of snowdrops, alas.

DM, I had a lovely little potted Meyers lemon for several years: Summered outside, Wintered indoors. It finally produced one ENORMOUS lemon, then promptly died...exhausted, I suspect .... Nat, I'll definitely join you with some gin, but not with the tonic; that's Summer tipple for me, I'll be adding Bloody Mary mix. MrsH, well done you! What an odd dream; I can hardly ever remember them.

May the sun shine on all today!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
Stephan is Male
30-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #8

I think I had a touch of SAD today,went to bed for a couple of hours shivering. Memo to selves-Go to India again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #9

I just looked at the temperature in Mumbai and it's a lovely warm 35C! MY weather! This unrelenting cold just gets in your bones ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #10

It's actually beginning to get to me too - just hate going out. Had a fleece jumper and a fleece jacket with hat and scarf today just to go to the local shop ...... in the car!