Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #1

Misty grey Tuesday

We have quite thick fog still hanging around. Hopefully it will soon depart and give us another nice day like yesterday.
Hope you're keeping warm DM - I saw a news broadcast from Washington yesterday and it didn't look terribly nice.
Nothing of interest to report.
Did you hear the news broadcast about the woman who has given birth to octuplets? The mind boggles. What a houseful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: Misty grey Tuesday

Misty and freezing here today. I read about the octuplets (sounds like a baby octopus ) and after this morning's performances I'm thinking that even two is two too many

Tantrums from 6am today from the small (not so) cute one . . . and Dominik refusing his breakfast once again. I don't know what's going on - he won't talk about anything just says nothing's wrong!

I'm feeling better today, both mood and health-wise albeit a bit tired. Must try and sort a pedicure out tonight as I feel not quite dressed without some polish on my toes. Shallow eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
27-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #3

Mist and freezing for here to in Yorkshire, looks like its here for the day. .

I heard about the Octuplets this morning on the news before my wee little charges arrived, she will certainly have her hands full, I have 3 little through the day under 3yrs old and that is more than enough LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
27-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #4

Afternoon all,
Its been freezing here all day and not its started to rain!
Ive just come in from work so im not gonna do anythin else today, im very tired!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #5

Well, as I've posted, it's snowing here, will most of the day; not my weather. Thank God the boiler was repaired! Nothing to do but stay indoors, do some neglected chores and Catsey....probably more of the latter! So, no news. Hope all are well and staying warm and dry. Hadn't heard about the octuplets.. ...off to Google it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #6

Well, it was meant to be foggy and cloudy with no frost this morning, according to the forecasters yesterday evening. Was rather surprised to awake to a day with thick frost and bright blue sky!

My car battery had gone flat yesterday when I was due to go to the doctor's surgery for an appointment and I had to ask OH to take me down, which he did. He didn't grumble too much, but I felt that I had put him out and MIL got a late lunch because of it. Anyway, I'd called out the mechanic who does my car and he took the battery away and put it on charge overnight and came back this morning and refitted it - brooooom straight away. I don't really use the car enough to warrant keeping it, but I do need to be able to take myself off to appointments and such as there is no public transport, or extremely limited. Hate the idea of having to rely on taxis.

I've been having a problem with getting the right prescription for one of my inhalers and, after checking with the nurse yesterday (appointment as above) I was preparing myself for a run-in with the local pharmacy. You know how you can get all worked up and expect the worst reaction and a horrible argument? Well, I plucked up my courage after lunch and went down to the chemist under my own steam and although it did take a longish time to sort out, the pharmacist, who is a French lady, was apologetic, accepted the they were wrong, gave me the right medicine and said that she would organise an official letter of apology to be sent out from their head office.

I came home very relieved and fairly flabbergasted I have to admit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #7

woke up to see snow on the ground and it coming down from the sky..thanking god i have my OH to drive me to my appointment in the morning tomorrow. a little nervous i won't be able to get to sleep tonight and wake up in the wee hours because my sleep cycle is so wacky.
dogs are outside frolicking in the snow..they really love it.
no plans for the day..staying inside.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
27-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #8

Been to work, just come home, nuff said

Keep warm and safe DM & Tink. I want lots of pictures though. I'm having snow withdrawals

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Been to work, just come home, nuff said

Keep warm and safe DM & Tink. I want lots of pictures though. I'm having snow withdrawals
Lol, I'd gladly send it over if I could! I've stayed indoors all day, as Tink said she did also; too dark for any more pics now. Leia was funny,,,she hadn't been on the porch since last night; yowled about 3 this afternoon to go out...and stopped with an astonished look on her face to see that everything was white! No camera handy, of course...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
27-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #10

Long tedious day! Was up at 6am trying to get OH and son to get their butts out of bed and go to work/school. Called the vet to make Mousie's next appointment (she's still not quite "right"). Then cleaned the house and did some work in the garden (was actually quite mild out here today!). Then at 11am, just when I thought I deserved a nap......the place I work occasionally called and asked me to come in! So worked 2 till 10pm! Think I might get to bed soon LOL!

Here's hoping for good weather tomorrow......and hoping work doesn't call me in again!