Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
23-01-2009, 05:54 AM   #1

Friday daily Thread.

Morning. In the middle of another night shift here. Had 2 more fruit and nut jobs admitted yesterday. I wouldn't mind but we are not a psychiatric unit and don't have the staff to manage them. I do have an extra member of staff on to special these patients so it has been easier.

Not going to bed today as have the dogs to walk, a friends carpet to shampoo using my cleaning machine and then I have booked myself a full body and scalp massage using hot stones. Not had it before and can't wait. The recent few weeks have landed on my neck and shoulders in the form of knotted tissue and they are very painful. If I'm at all stressed, that's where it hits first.

I shall pick poppy up from nursery and try to stay awake till hubby gets home from work at 8PM.

Keep warm and well everyone x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily Thread.

hot stones..that sounds so relaxing and interesting too...can't wait to hear how it went

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #3

Hot stones is luurrrrvly it should relax you a treat

Here it is pouring with rain and windy. I was hoping to get out into town with Sebi today but if this continues we'll be stuck indoors. Seb's happy building car parks with his millions of lorries/cars/diggers etc at the moment (and periodically driving them up my arm ) but I'm sure boredom will kick in and he'll be wanted to get out!

I'm thinking of doing my exercise tape before I jump in the shower, just means Sebi needs to be otherwise occupied for 20 minutes or so as I can't have him climbing all over me.

Well, must get moving . . . not sure if a friend is coming over this afternoon. We'd provisionally booked it but I can't get hold of her to confirm. Hopefully she'll call soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #4

Moning all

Off today, just having a bit of breakfast then not sure what I will do but it will include dog walking, food shopping, and a little bit of dossing about may go swimming.....not gone for ages may as well with the amount of rain falling get wet
for a reason
Doing a couple of CP calls after breakfast then will decide my first move.

Nat not sure I could go all day without at leat a 1/2hour nap or something....your massage sounds great the stones sound interesting.

Yola get him a garage...........

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
23-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #5

Morning! Natalie, that hot stone treatment sounds divine; enjoy, you definately deserve it!

I'm feeling worse than yesterday. Left work 2 hours early, got home and made myself the biggest tuna cheese toastie ever (feed a cold...) then fell asleep on the couch whilst reading a book. Woke up 3 hours later feeling better to find Stravinsky asleep on top of me, bless (Will post photos on the photo section) he was obviously trying to keep me warm And then at night Darcy was on the bed when I got into it, and didn't have the strength to get him out the bedroom, so he was allowed to stay there. He ended up coming under the covers and sleeping against my tummy. Unusually he stayed there all night and was still there when I woke up this morning. So both my boys are trying to help me get better

For some silly reason I came into work. I always think its better to get up and eat, drink and get moving if you have a cold as it generally gets better after a hot drink and food. But my throat is agony, like swallowing glass, feels the same way as when I had tonsolitis before (uh-oh). And, a first for me, my glands are really sore and tender. My armpits and my crotch area (between my legs) are so sore, feel like I did a huge workout at the gym but havent been for 4 days. walking up stairs takes some effort. So I'll probably head home at lunch time for another huge tuna cheese toastie (much to the boys' delight, as they usually get half the tin of tuna!) and then maybe fall asleep again? I just hate being inactive and don't want to do nothing all weekend but feeling like this could either get better or turn into something worse, which I really don't want...

Anyway, self-pitying rant over! Hope everyone has a good day. It's Friday! The highlight of my night will be watching another new QI episode; OH is out for a colleagues leaving-night drinks and it'll be good to have a quiet flat to recover. (Does anyone watch QI and noticed that the new series, since moving to BBC1, has become even more risque and full of innuendos, and theres a lot more space given to the farcial joking around than to lots of questions and interesting answers? They only get through about 3 topics in half an hour, whereas the old episodes were a lot more...well, interesting! I do love Alan Davies and Stephen together though!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #6

Hi All
Wet day here today. Had a stressful Tues and Wed this week. Not been at home much. Yesterday I took advantage of the weather and did loads in the garden. Will post some pics later. Hardly been on here at all so am going to spend afternoon with catsey catching up with everyones news etc.

Natalie - I could not go a whole day after a night shift without a sleep - if I did I'd be a total zombie. The hot stones sound wonderful, have heard it is an extremely relaxing massage. Enjoy.

Yola - Hope your day develops beyond playing with cars!!!!

Kazz - so many things to cram in - hope you get round them all.

meep - hope your day improves - seen your pics - cats are just the best aren't they? Sounds as if you have a flu type virus, not nice. Not seen QI yet, must try and catch it up.

Hope you all have a great day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #7

Hi! No news here, just a market run and to the bank. Weather is above freezing! And sunny! Leia actually meowed loudly to have the porch door opened....she has hardly been out there at all with the recent frigid weather....which is due to return tomorrow, alas.

Meep, take care, that sounds like a nasty bug you have. Stay warm and dry all, have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #8

Evening all, whats happening to all my clients animals eh?
Elvis was cancelled today because owner was unwell, I did arrive yesterday to find her crawling out of the bathroom after having passed out , sat with her and called her partner, who came home and took her to a&e while i took Elvis out.
Today, Toby Williams was under the weather with an upset tummy last night and a bit lack lustre today, turns out the owner gave him some baked beans last night with his tea
Had Holly today, she was limping a little when walking on hard ground but ok up in the woods, apparently she doesnt like grit or salt on her feet.
Had to take Olly (cockateil) to the vet, respritory infection. Poor guy, dont know if he will make it and is now quarunteened from the other two for the time being.
Thankfully my two are ok.
Nadia called, she has a new rescue, an amazon in very bad condition, malnourished with vitamin deficiencies. Fingers crossed that Nadia gets him back into good condition. Chico, the rescue african grey has laid 3 eggs. Nadia is toying with finding her a mate.
Other than that, the house is a mess and needs a good tidy up (tomorrow) and we have no food in so will have to get the shopping (tomorrow ). Chippie tea tonight me thinks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #9

Oh I snap I am just off to the chippy now