Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Wednesday:

Guys your slacking on the daily threads lol. I normally dont have chance to do one lol! (Not complaining though!)

Morning everyone.
Ive just come home from work and taken all the last things out of my room, ready for the carpet men to turn up. Ive got to nip out after for 20 mins so hope they dont turn up when im out lol.

Sunny and frosty-ish here today. 1 degree.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Wednesday:

Oh my, I slept in til 09:00, making up for the 2 night shifts.
Black ice around here, just heard of 2 accidents on the radio. Have to go out later may wait awhile for a bit of a thaw.

No other plans. Have to work on my essay later too, hope I don't get distracted.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
21-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #3

Talk about ice, I slipped in a rather extravagent manner on my way to work. Total "foot in air" landed on my left hip bone and elbow rather awkwardly. Couldn't help but let out a "oh Sh*t!" as it was such a shock and pretty sore! It's not hurting now but I suspect there'll be a hefty bruise... So not a great start to the day, but as someone who doesn't take ridiculue or mockery easily, I'm trying to learn to laugh at myself more

A normal day here. Belly dance class was ok, not aerobic or cardiovascular at all, all concentrated on technique so that was fun but I was still bursting with energy afterwards. Obviously 2 hours in the gym daily has upped my energy levels, I actually had withdrawl symptoms from it yesterday Adreniline junkie, me?!

Hope everyone has a good day. It is quite pathetic, but I'm really looking forward to the gym later for aforementioned reasons, need to get my heart racing again! And War of the Worlds is on BBC3 at 9pm tonight, I saw it in the cinema and remember it being quite good and very eerie and creepy in parts so will probably be tuning in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #4

Ouch - sorry about your fall meep. Black ice all over today - even down here in the south. OH went off to play golf an hour later than usual, hoping the sun would get things melting. Think the main roads are OK (hopefully). His car door lock was frozen though!

My big curtains have been taken away this morning to be relined. The nice local lady who is doing them had hoped to get them done before Christmas but had a couple of family tragedies so they are getting done today. They are not terribly long, but 3.5 widths each and the lining is shredded and looks horrible. She has already made up the new lining and hopes to have them back this afternoon - we are a bit exposed without them.

I was worried about Merlin yesterday as he hardly ate anything. At one point, I had five different dishes down with different food in. He even turned his nose up at tuna. He has eaten two dishes full of "supermeat" this morning though and is now fast asleep on the back of the sofa in the sun (exactly as in the competition photo).

Have a good day everyone - keep warm and stay on two feet if at all possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #5

WotW? I love that film. I'm not a big fan of remakes but this is an excellent one. We have the DVD and watch it often.

Sunny, cold and bright here. Am continuing working on my spelt client's website copy + a couple of other small projects. I'm getting a bit upbeat now as it was still a little bit light when I got the boys home from school yesterday spring is a-coming!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #6

Lots of ice here too but only one 'pretend slide' where I lost my footing momentarily, Dinah looked at me in worried fashion "Oh no - Mum is going to jump on me!" but I regained my balance and my dignity without hitting the ground. Hope your bruise isn't too bad meep - try arnica cream.
It is now very pleasant and I made a point of looking at the trees and hedges as we walked today - I am able to report that the buds are def. swelling. Spr.. will be here soon. The nights are def. lighter. As you say Yola - there was a little (teeny weeny bit) of light in the sky at 5.30 last night.

Almost a Veteran Member

21-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #7

Angie, good to hear that Merlin is finally eating again. I can imagine the worry. Give him a hug from me and a head bunt from his nephew Darcy

Got a big bruise forming on my elbow but my hip area seems to be ok. Only a few hours left of the working day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #8

Thanks meep - yes, I worry myself silly when he won't eat! Please give Darcy a lovely huggy cuddle from me. Your elbow will probably be very sore. I would try arnica or witch hazel if you can get it.

Almost a Veteran Member

21-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #9

Yep have Arnica in the flat, will be using it when I get home. Was brought up on natural and homeopathec remedies, a firm believer Thanks for advice though.

I just ordered another bag of Orijen dry cat food the other day, arrived today. My two will be happy pusses Whilst they don't like eating just the Orijen as their dry food, if I mix it in with Go-Cat every day they really enjoy it and it makes them look so healthy, especially a shine to their coats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #10

Hi, all. Sorry about the fall, meep; hurts the dignity too when you take a tumble like that; hope te bruise won't be too horrendous. Yes, I note slight signs of buds swelling a bit now, so there is light at the end of the tunnel! And a tad more here in the eveing now.

No news here except the cold: -6, wind chill -11, so naturally an extra long wait for the bus coming home from the market. I'll thaw out with a nice hot bowl of miso soup in a few minutes...off to lunch!

Enjoy the day!