Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Troublesom Tuesday!!!

Morning all.
I can feel it in my bones that this is gonna be a **** day!!!
First my phone is knackered due to getting wet yesterday me thinks. Second, just put the van in for re-signing and the guy said "it's just the back doors, right?", I almost screamed but didnt. "No, it's the back doors and the whole drivers side". "Oh" he says . I said "Listen mate, I have been phoning for two weeks to get this organised, each time I talk to some one different, each time they say is it just the back doors? And I have told no, it's the drivers side and the back doors!"
Now the bloody lights have fused again.
Thats it, I'm off to walk dogs.
Hope you all have a better start to the day than I am having. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Troublesom Tuesday!!!

Good Lord Elaine I would go back home to bed, and then start again. It can only get better, hope you feel a bit warmer today.

Morning everyone, I have a day off today not sure what I am going to do but will be something..hold the page as the saying goes.....

Its icy here and cold, Eileen hope all goes well your side of the Pond....just read the "running order" of the inauguration today WOW its more like a coronation than a political take over...but I suppose thata almost what it is. I was kinda surprised by the amount of religious input into a political ceremony but hey if it works.

Take care all see you shortly off to have breakfast.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
20-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #3

Morning! Elaine, sorry to hear of the poor start to the day, things can only get better?! And Kazz, I agree, the inaugeration has caused quite a stir even this side of the pond. I'll try and catch some of the footage later.

We had snow last night!! I know this is a bit slow off the mark for everyone who's already experiened a lot, but I've lived on the west coast of scotalnd for 5 years now and only seen snow once really heavily, and twice light snow showers. I couldn't believe my eyes! It lay over night but had disappeared this morning. I just find it quite annoying that all the fashion magazines, and clothes stores are heralding in spring with the Spring / Summier 09 collections, and we've still got 3 months of proper cold winter left!! I can't wait to start wearing white and cream colours, and not have to wear 5 layers, but all the fashion stores are pretty much telling us (as all fashion stores do, very prescriptive!) that we must be wearing the new looks already Anyway, mini-rant over.

I've got my first belly dancing class tonight, very excited I'll be Shakira-esque before you know it, watch this space

The boys seemed quite sad when I left for work this morning, both meowing in a very morose and heart-breaking way. I guess they're fed up of the dark and cold too and are yearning for some sunshine?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #4

It's a gorgeous day here, though it was cold overnight. It was warm, sunny and distinctly spr... like on our walk just now.
Sorry you had a bad start to the day Elaine - let's hope the only way is up.

Let's also hope it's not Troublesome Tuesday but Historic Tuesday or something like that. If I was religious I would feel like saying a prayer for the nearly-there President - 1)that he can achieve even half the hopes and expectations which have been heaped upon him and 2) that he lives to a peaceful old age and dies in his bed.
It's awful to be cynical but I can't help remembering "It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in"
Anyway, I've booked my place in front of the TV for 4pm and I think I'll start the fire early and brew a cup of tea to keep me warm whilst I watch - apparently it's absolutely perishing over there. Hope the 20000 portaloos are sufficient for the 2million people expected in The Mall.

The fashion business always seems crazy to me with the way it is never in sync with the seasons and indeed our mood.

Have a lovely day everyone - I hope the sun shines on you too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #5

I totally agree with your wishes for Mr Obama, DM. He seems like the sort of chap who will keep his head when everything surrounding him is a bit hysterical - but you can never tell. Can't imagine the pressure he will be under to become (it feels to me) the "saviour" of the world.

Sorry you day started very frustratingly Elaine. Deep breaths and enjoy walking those doggies. How's your leg?

Belly-dancing classes meep? How exciting - bet you'll love it. And as for fashion stores, I dont go near 'em.

Have a good day Kazz - have to tell us all about it later!

Guess everyone will be in front of the TV from 4.00pm - don't know how long it will be going on for, so may or may not hear from everyone later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #6

Hi All Joining in your good wishes and prayers for President Obama and family; will be watching the tv coverage of the Inaugeration. Elaine, hope the day got better as it went on what a palaver! Meep, have a great time bellydancing I sooo wish I was you! it sounds like you'll have a ball (and a great figure!) Kazz hope you have a special day off. Angie and Dinahsmum , I concur with your hope for peace in our time. See you laters, PP.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I've got my first belly dancing class tonight, very excited I'll be Shakira-esque before you know it, watch this space
Let us know how you get on. I went to belly dance class many years ago. I only went twice though. It was a good laugh but didnt learn much due to all my hilarity. Hope you do better.

I have fixed the lights all by myself, my phone is still playing up, working then not working , van is all resigned, I asked again for the logo, when i went to pick the van up they handed me a print off of just the picture, no wording

Think poor Bernie has a fur ball lodged, he keeps wretching, has been out and chewed on some grass and has just taken that back up. Time to dig out the fur ball remedy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #8

Hi, all, and thanks for your good wishes for Mr. Obama. He's inherited a real mess and the expectations are so high....he needs all the prayers he can get. Weather wise it's sunny now and -6, so looks as if it'll be OK for the swearing in at noon. Kazz, re your coronation remark, a columnist recently commented on that, but said it was so typically American to have it outside in the street with all the people watching!! The parade will kick off about 2:30, hope you have some coverage of that, as it's usually a great spectacle.

Elaine, what a dreadful start to the day! Hope Bernie gets rid of his furball. Meep, that's cool about the belly dancing! I ignore the fashionistas, jeans and tees work all seasons for me!

Oh, forgot to say I finally figured out my new HDTV last night and got it working!

I liked DM.s comment so well I'm going to borrow it...may the sun shine on you today!