Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
22-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #1

Your highs and lows of 2008

Lows - Facing the downward spiral of MIL disease and the problems and stress that goes with it.

Not being able to plan anything because of the above.

My beloved Willow went to the Bridge aged 14. My heart aches for her still.

After 5 miscarrages it looks likely I shall not ever have another child.

My hubby crashed my brand new car and it spent the following 10 weeks in the garage. He is not allowed to drive it again.

Highs - Merlin and Bess have come into our lives.

Millie is doing fantastically well at school and at the age of 8 she has finally started to learn to read.

Poppy is developing well even if she is a demanding little diva.
My father retired at the age of 65.

I still have my family around me.

I got a new car.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #2

Re: Almost 2009

My Highs and Lows,

Low points, Mam's shock heart attack and preceding illness which spoiled my sis and family's visit home and caused lots of anxiety for everyone.
High point, her recovery by the grace of God and subsequent diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica which is treatable and no sign of heart disease. It all makes me love and appreciate every second I have her with me on earth.

Another high, was celebrating mam and dad's 50th wedding anniversary, before al the illness set in, with a surprise wedding blessing and lovely lunchtime carvery meal. All went off tickety-boo!

The low point was dreadful summer of wet wet weather and hospital visits, no break from work for 10 weeks throughout July and August... shattered.

High notes include the full remission and recovery of 2 dear friends from cancer, praise be!

Highs and lows in work, lots of beautiful,healthy babies born in the birth centre and at home. But seeing overworked pressurised colleagues trying to keep sane in the face of more demands on us from the Trust and our managers

More highs than lows thankfully,many things to be grateful for. My loving & supportive OH and my furry cuddles from Posh, my loyal old doggie, many new friends on Catsey, memorable visits to the cathedrals of Eastern England, my good health; as long as I keep taking the tablets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #3

Highs
1. Our business is still surviving.
2. I have proved to myself (via my little copywriting enterprise) that I'm actually good at something without relying on anyone else.
3. Getting our allotment
4. Myshka came into my home, courtesy of Alex, Kelly and Karen
5. Sebastian is finally starting to settle down in terms of his tantrums and general behaviour (slowly)
6. Dominik has mastered reading - I'm so proud as he's the youngest boy in his class and is almost a year younger than some of his classmates, and has really worked hard to achieve this.

Lows
1. Cheques still bounce (constantly)
2. Battling with the insurance company over the pay out for our burglary just after Christmas last year for 8 months
3. Putting on all the weight I lost during spring/summer in the gym
4. Worries over my little treasure Balie's health/state of mind (I think he's suffering from the early stages of dementia . . . something's not right).

Good thread Nat . . . made me think about things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
23-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #4

lows
losing my best friend of 32 years. R.I.P shanee.
finding out about a family member having to have a termination through pressure from her B/F
having the much needed car smashed up (and all that in the same week)
having alot of extra health probs crop up.
my dog being diagnosed with arthritis. hes only 6.

highs.
i got to see my friend 2 weeks b4 she died. she came to visit.
seeing my daughter again after a huge falling out last year.
and seeing my darling grandson after 15 months.
being told i havnt got to see my cardioligist again unless i have another angina attack.
still happily in love with my darling husband.
charlie being told the neurologist is really pleased with him and he hasnt got to go back for another year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #5

Cathy, those are such milestones . . . I truly hope 2009 is a more measured and stable year for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #6

I have such a quiet life I almost hesitate to post, but ...

Low: after about a week of being missing, realizing that Onyx, my lovely little black stray, was gone, and never coming back. No closure; will always wonder what happened to her.......

High: my close friend Carolyn finally moving back from Oklahoma.We had a lovely long visit today, both of us a bit weepy about losing cats (her Kate died this year).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #7

Well its less than a week to 2009

So may I please take this opportunity to wish you all and your families a Happy, Helathy and Funfilled 2009...................

And what has been your highlights of 2008.......choose as many as you like.

Also what do you forsee being your highlights of 2009...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #8

Bump...something must have happened to someone.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #9

Blimey something funny going on. Posted 5 times, tried to edit and now gone altogether!!

As I was saying, I suppose if pushed the highlight of 2008 was seeing my footie team getting to the UEFA cup final in Manchester (even though we eventually lost lol). It was a great day and I was so happen to experience the wonderful atmosphere that day. Something that will live with me forever

Highlight of 2009 would be being as pain free as possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #10

Have no idea what happened there lol!!!