Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #1

Saturday Daily Thread

Where is everybody? Snowed in? Power cuts (hope not)???

A dry but cold day here on the south coast - cloudy but the sun keeps trying to peep through. I hope other peeps are OK?

We have the tree surgeons in this morning - loads of chain saw and chipper shredder noise. Merlin has taken refuge with MIL! Ian has baked a cake and I have been making tea and coffee for the lads.

What's that rhyme? See a monkey up a tree, pull it's tail and think of me! Had several monkeys up trees this morning - things are looking a bit bare.

Keep warm and hope to hear from other Catsey peeps soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #2

Re: Saturday Daily Thread

Hi Angie - it's cooler here, and damp, but really not too bad, considering the bitter cold elsewhere. I think it's going to dry up for the afternoon, but I've already told Dinah it's a no-walk day, so we've done some playing/training(ish) indoors.
So, you've got your noisy day today? - we had ours yesterday - not appreciaited by the animals. The builders have done a nice neat job but they were furious with the glass suppliers, who arrived about an hour late ..... and with glass the wrong size! They'll return to complete on Tuesday. It's looking good though so I'm sure it will be an asset once complete.
It's not unusual for Catsey to be v quiet early Saturday. Mags is on a trip to Weston (brrr!), Elaine and Erin are still sleeping it off from last night, and it's the time of year when people who enjoy shops, or who stress over xmas tend to go shopping. Me, I'm going to light the fire, make a tray of tea and curl up with The Time Travellers Wife. I've just pulled it out and found I was using a pizza/sandwich menu from a place we were on holiday as a bookmark when I first read it. Nice memories - the book and the holiday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
22-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #3

Hi you two. Been busy here - shopping for food and the next book for bookclub. Doing the rounds to check the sheep, and a bit of catching up in the garden.

Very cold here but dry and no wind.

Now snuggled up on couch in front of fire catching up.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #4

Morning Ladies, from the otherside of the pond!!! beautiful here, Hubby has hired a car, then we are going serious shopping, hope its nice where you are...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
22-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #5

Hi there - how is the weather, was the flight good/ - hope you have a brill time!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: burmese and ginger moggie
22-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #6

Hi everyone, quite a good day here. Bently is flying about the garden as only kittens can ,LOtus is much better and is curled up asleep on the bed.
Everyone out except me who is housebond for a while,,due to a broken toe this was 2 weeks after falling a breaking my finger. Mind I have now got 2 weeks off work yes yes!! and I think I just have a clumsy gene my friends cant stop laughing. Have a good weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #7

Afternoon all! I tried to get on first thing this morning (8am-ish) but the server was down but here now. Did a bit of shopping and you can tell Christmas is coming the car parks are full! Posh is eating pate food like a starving orphan hope her mouth has stopped hurting now. I still get the odd dirty look but a bit of grooming put me back on her good books,

Settling down for an afternoon of rugby, England is on now and Wales playing the All Blacks at 5pm. C'mon the reds

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #8

Back from a damp, cold Weston but the place was buzzing with people in the town. Did a bit more Christmas shopping and was very surprised to bump into my next door neighbours there.......what a small world!!

Hope things aren't too bad in Scotland and the North ......... hope you all keep warm..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #9

Talked to Rob this morning, they have had a lot of snow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #10

It's cold here too, no snow tho. How's Houston Pat?
A cardigan warmer I bet !