Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Monday

Good morning all

Another wet and dismal looking day again but it remains quite mild.

I'm off to the dentist soon to have a broken tooth built up .......... that's put me off eating nuts now!

Hope everyone has a good day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Monday

Ouch Mags . . . not nice.

It's damp and dreary here too. We have a new member of staff (sales chap - hope he makes a difference) started today so much time needed to 'induct' him. Apart from that . . . not much else!

I still can't get on much from home as I really can't work out what's up with the PC. Just as well I don't have much to say isn't it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #3

Morning Mags, morning Yola!

Hope the tooth rebuilding goes without too much discomfort. OH has a dental check tomorrow - the first since his major tooth problems a few months ago. I've never seen him in so much pain - so he is understandably anxious.

Grey and dismal here this morning. The smoke alarm in MIL's annexe keeps giving off little beeps, so we have to go out and buy a new battery - the one size we don't have in stock!

Merlin has gone off all food again. I've even tried poaching him a bit of white fish - he's lapped the juice but won't eat the fish. I suppose his teeth may be hurting - but he has had long acting anti-b's and anti-inflammatory injections recently, so I do hope it's not that - perhaps he's just being his fussy self. I really do think that boys mum's idea of a tasty liquid marketed as "fussy f*****s" would be the perfect solution!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #4

Morning all. Drizzle hanging like a blanket her, but, as Mags said, still very mild.
Hope the dentist went well Mags - you'll feel so much better when it's completed.
Yola - god luck with your new staff member and angie - hope your boy has decided he'll eat the fish now too. I've answered your Liquivite thread too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #5

Still feeling numb from the dentist, I think he must have given me an extra shot just as well as I had to have the tooth pinned before it was built up - turned out to be quite painless though. Thank goodness for Denplan!

The steady fine rain hasn't stopped all day, even Cassie won't venture out which saves me the job of mopping up dirty paw prints every time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #6

Hope you don't have too much discomfort when the numbness wears off Mags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #7

Afternoon all
I've made an appt with the vet for 5pm to check out Posh's teeth, just in case thats why she gone all food fussy. I can't see anything wrong, but I'm no expert. Today she licked the jelly off the chicken wiskas and left the lumps, but when I give her soft pate stuff like sheba she turns her nose up! will take ham and chicken off my fingers. OH thiks its her eyesight, that with her flat face she can't see the food and when her nose touches it it turns her off?? I dunno
Will let you know what the vet sez

PS Mags, hope your tooth gets better ASAP, maybe you are Posh are having ESP?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #8

Evening all! (It feels like evening since it's pitch black outside!)

Just checking in quickly. It's been a crazy busy day at work. I arrived this morning, all fresh and early in a 'ready to go' mood then realised I've forgotten I was attending an important networking event at 10.30am! I was wearing my comfy office wear (there's usually only 3 of us in the office at a time, so no need to make huge efforts!) an oldish skirt, flats, baggyish jumper and plain shirt. Definately not suitable for hob-nobing! So had to run home (luckiliy I live 15 mins away) change into my power shoes (add inches to my 5'4 stature!) beautiful shirt, pearl earrings, waistcoat, and I was ready to go. Rushed back, straight off to the event, didn't get back till 2pm and have several highly urgent deadlines to meet by tomorrow lunchtime. Dear me! So my brain's going in 10 different directions at once.

Feeling refreshed after the weekend, my lull in mood has passed thankfully. Bought the boys they're cosy cat beds today (first time they get their 'own' beds! ) so tonight may be the night we try and shut them out... fingers crossed! I hope they do like the beds, they look so comfy I'd happily sleep in a human sized one! I just hope I don't hurt poor Darcy's feelings...

Mags, sorry to hear about the tooth, hope it eases off and you feel better soon! And Angie, really sorry to hear about Merlin the poor love. He is being fussy isn't it? lets hope he gets better soon.

Will be back online later to catch up with all the threads later! Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #9

Hi people. Brilliant sun today with less wind, it's 7C now. Did the other market run to get Leia's dry cat food (she won't eat the healthy stuff at Whole Foods..talk about fussy! ). Have to pick the peppers and bring in the rest of the pot plants this afternoon as frost is finally predicted. I never realize how many pots I have outside till it's time for the annual trek indoors.....but Leia is helpful, has to sniff and inspect each pot to see if there's anything edible in there, bless her! The furnace is going constantly since it's turned so unseasonably chilly; shudder to think of this month's gas bill..

Hope all the picky pusses start eating soon! Take care, all, have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #10

Evening all, had a busy day getting plenty of food for all the animals, while I am away, then a mad dash to the vets with Casper...Luckily got an appointment right away....Now really should be packing my case....As usual will leave it till the last minute and forget things!!!
been horrible here, heavy rain all day and so cold.....