Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Thursday

Morning folks!

What a miserable one it is too ......grey, raining and depressing here...

Have to pop out to the shops shortly, then come back and tackle the usual household tasks and maybe start wrapping some Christmas pressies.

Hope the weather is brighter in your areas, enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

A thought for all who have the winter mini-depression

I wish I was a glow-worm
A glow-worm's never glum
For how can you be gloomy
When the sun shines out your bum?

Hope that helps!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
13-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #3

that's a good 'un DM! Had me giggling hehe. Definately in need of a giggle too, I hate to be a moaning minnie, but I am feeling more down than I was yesterday. I feel tired, with puffy eyes and a fuzzy brain, but also in a really foul mood where I can only see the bad side of things. I really don't know what's causing this, I'm usually such a happy person, always bubbly and chatting away, but just now I just want to get away from people, not have to make the effort, and go back to bed. Le sigh.

I've taken an impromptu day off tomorrow so I can get a lie-in for some much needed rest, and then go shopping for a new party outfit as I actually have a bit of a social life on Saturday evening! My best friend from school's visiting and we're heading out to her friends party. I love going to parties where you only know the host indirectly, as I love meeting new people! So hopefully that'll pick my mood up.

Sorry to grumble. I'm just actually becoming quite concerned about how down I am. I would certainley not class it as 'depression' but more just a lethargy of emotion, or being a total rat-bag!

It's grey, rainy, damp and miserable here. Hope everone's having a better day than me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #4

meep - are you still restricting your diet? If so, I would suggest that you might be missing out on vital vitamins/trace elements?
I used to put my (then teen and 20s) children on a course of Berocca multi-vits.

Almost a Veteran Member

13-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
meep - are you still restricting your diet? If so, I would suggest that you might be missing out on vital vitamins/trace elements?
I used to put my (then teen and 20s) children on a course of Berocca multi-vits.

DM, I've not been on the restricted diet for a while now. I eat whatever I like Although to be honest I'm prob not meeting the required amount of all vitamins. I should pop along and get a multivitamin today from the healthfood store, thanks for suggesting this.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
A thought for all who have the winter mini-depression

I wish I was a glow-worm
A glow-worm's never glum
For how can you be gloomy
When the sun shines out your bum?

Hope that helps!
Brilliant DM, that's certainly brightened the day for me!

I must remember to tell Katie and Jamie that one.......they'll love it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #7

Ditto!! I think Dominik would love that

Although I actually had an uninterrupted night's sleep last night - first one for about 2 weeks, I'm still feeling very down too. I think it's because money worries at work are rearing their head again.

Not much to report here. Weather's grey as is my mood

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #8

So sorry that several of you peeps are feeling low. I loved the glow worm rhyme and had to read it out to OH, who said it was like me! (Not quite sure what he meant ) Good idea about the multivits DM - especially vit B (not sure B6 or B12) and of course vit D, which humans cannot synthesise when sunlight levels are low. I always find cuddling Merlin helps!

We have had our new oak mantelshelf put up this morning and are putting the finishing touches to our lounge redecoration. Need to find someone to reline the big curtains - have had them dry cleaned and the lining has just about had it, but the curtains themselves are fine. Not a job I'd try myself - the curtains are huge and I don't have a sewing machine (my old one was wee'd on by a cat - no name needed - and unfortunately the motor then gave up the ghost!!!)

I'll take some pictures and post some before, during and after when I'm happy with the finished product!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #9

Perfectly horrid weather here also, cold steady rain and only 8C. Had a lie-in, then did some stuff that needed doing, like hoovering!, dashed out to rescue the papers and am not sticking my nose outside the rest of the day. Poor Leia will not have her grass today! She whoopsed up her breakfast, but seems OK now, napping on the radiator. Will keep an eye on her .... My bi-weekly grocery delivery is due today so am all set supply-wise.

I think that's an excellent idea about the vitamin supplement; I'm a great believer in them, also herbal supplements; and if I may say so am in marvellous health for my age. Give it a shot, Meep

I do hope the weather improves, also everyone's moods for those who are feeling down!

Almost a Veteran Member

13-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #10

Thanks again for the rec Eileen; I'll pick some up when I'm in town tomorrow. **GRAPHIC** I used to have a B-vit complex but stopped taking it as it affected the colour of my urine quite badly But then I found out this was normal, but by which time I'd lost the bottle of B vits

I'm thinking of getting Wellwoman, as it has some minerals and oils as well. I also need to get some of that one that's good for joints, I'm cracking all over the place at the mo!