Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #1

The Daily of Wednesday

Morning all!

It's lovely and sunny and crisp today. I don't mind the cold as I can put on a scarf, gloves, big jacket and tramp merrily through the frosted leaves to work. It's the rain I don't like. So the sun is definately a bonus!

I've thought about what Eileen said y'day in the Daily Thread, about potential S.A.D. I've never really considered it before in previous years, and don't think I've ever been as bad in previous years, but to be honest the only direct sunshine I get is the 10 minute walk to work, and then the 1/2 hour on my lunch break! It's pitch black by the time I come out of work. So I am considering getting one of those alarm clocks that imitate the sun rise.

Another normal, but busy, day at work here. Core balls at the gym tonight, my favourite class! So something to look forward to. I've been such a grump recently I can't seem to snap out of it. Must think positively....

have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #2

Re: The Daily of Wednesday

Well, I'm not a grump today, just kind of flat and ambivalent about everything I can't even muster the energy, will or enthusiasm to go to the gym!

I have a small website to start writing today, and tidy up my marketing spreadsheet as I emailed about 1000 names (in batches) yesterday with the copywriting proposition so need to remove the goneaways and leave-me-alones

Apart from that, it's cold, crisp and very sunny. Dominik is off on a day's field trip to a wetlands nature reserve near here; he's very excited about that . . . I kind of wish I was going too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #3

Good morning bright people and grumpy people!
It's sunny here, I've done a big trolley-dash, so all's well with the world, really. I'd quite fancy a wetlands trip too - maybe we should organise a Catsey one?
meep - do give the light alarm serious thought. I don't claim to be a SADD person but I hate waking to a RING - I think I am one of those peope who startle easily and the shock of that loud noise is horrid. The light is very gentle. I'll tell you the downside too, which is that unless you have good blackout curtains, your body will train itself to wake at dawn and you will be listening to the birdies at 4.30am in mid-summer.
I'm going to do a bit of batch cooking later - poulet basquaise and lamb and apricot tagine, so that should give me about a dozen frozen 'ready meals' for sometime in the future. Other than that it's the usual walk in the woods and bits and pieces of nothing very much.
Have a good day all

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice on that DM. The reason I think I would respond well to it is when I go home to my dad's, my bedroom there is east facing and the blinds are very thin. I usually wake up quite randomly there, and usually not knowing why as it's quite early, but I always feel very refreshed and happy rather than groggy with my eyes half closed. It's a wonderful feeling waking up to a bright sunny room So here's hoping! (And I agree, the alarm noise is always so jarring and unnerving.)

Yola, hope the general lethargy of feeling passes I kinda feel the same way, just totally undermotivated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #5

It must be catching! I've got a few days off this week and had lots of plans and things I wanted to get done before going back to work, but I'm just not motivated to do anything! Feeling so lethargic but frustrated that I'm not doing anything
Maybe I'll start with some housework!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #6

May I join the unmotivated group? I've been feeling a bit tired and a little down lately; so reason really as I'm sleeping well and in good health...think it is a bit of SAD. Today is gloomy and dank, not quite as chilly as yesterday, but one of those raw days that just seem to get in your bones waiting for the bus! Nothing new here, market run as usual .

DM: thanks for mentioning poulet basquasise! Haven't made that in ages; think I know now what I'll fix for Sunday's dinner.

By the way, does anyone have a clay cook pot? I don't use mine too often, but do love it.

Hope you can join me in the quiz tonight at 8; have come up with some good, I think, questions!

Stay warm, have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #7

poulet basquasise - que???

Cats owned: siamese cross
12-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #8

Hi all hope that you don't mind me gate crashing your discusion!!??

On the subject of food - doesn't get much more comforting than this! Try this recipe from Delia - it's lush!

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/c...e,1321,RC.html

kind ones

Deb

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #9

Deb, that sounds good enough to eat DM and DM is that what your recipes consist of?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #10

That's somewhat different from my recipe: chicken breast. celery, carrots, onions, green peppers small potatoes, turnips(I skip those), white wine, thyme., salt and pepper. Place in the clay pot and bake @ 450F for about 85 minutes. Very tasty!