Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: rescue cats (8)
12-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #1

Hello from Turkey

Hello Everyone
I am Kalkankitty. I am British but have lived in Turkey for the last 6 years with my husband, also British. Our house overlooks the Mediterranean, situated in the middle of olive groves.

We have 9 cats, all rescued from the streets. We also have 6 dogs, also all rescued. Fortunately they all get on very well together.

There are many animal lovers here looking after the hundreds of stray cats in the village and we run a very successful neuter and return programme, which over the past 5 years has cut the number of strays by over 50%.

Our biggest problem is kittens with diarrhea - one of our most recent rescues is currently redecorating our house every time we let her out of her rescue crate. Our nearest vet is 100 miles away so we try to deal with any minor problems ourselves but this particular kitty is defeating us.

I look forward to participating in the forum and benefitting from sharing the experience and wisdom of everyone.

regards to you all
Kalkankitty

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #2

Re: Hello from Turkey

Hi and welcome

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #3

Hello.....a warm welcome to Catsey..

It's good to hear that stray cats are being looked after and that there is a neuter and return programme in operation in Turkey. I hope other countries will adopt that practice also.

Perhaps you could post about your kitten's diarrhoea problems in our Health section, our members will then be able to offer you some advice.
http://www.catsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Looking forward to chatting and hearing more about your fur family..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #5

Hi and welcome to Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #6

Hello and welcome to Catsey. So nice to hear of your rescue work in Turkey (I'm available for visits if needed lol)