Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Wednesday

Oh what a beautiful morning! Cue for a song there!
It's sunny and crisp and although it's autumn it's a good day.

Have plans today. Taking an old Family Bible to the Welsh Folk Museum at St. Fagans, Cardiff. My aunt found it when she cleared my late great aunt's house. We think it dates from around 1860. It's certainly Victorian, leatherbound with brass corner edges and clasps. Inside the illustrations are beautiful. Some pages have a bit of foxing (like spots of dirt) but it's mostly in v good condition. The writing is all Welsh, which my OH speaks but I don't, sadly.
I'm so glad the museum wants it. I would hate for it to have been thrown out. I've taken pictures of it and got a little history of it from the internet. I can post some later if you are interested.

Then off to do a little retail therapy in M&S

See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Wednesday

It's a nice morning her too. Good to see the sun again
Hope you sick people are improving a little. I was boiling up a chicken carcasse for stock yesterday afternoon and as the lovely aroma went through the house I thought 'mmm, if I lived near her I could throw in an onion and some noodles and take Yola some nice chicken soup - that would help her feel better'. Pretty useless from this distance but I hooe at least the healing vibe thoughts got through!

No news, so I'll say ta-ta, see you next Friday, now, so I don't forget later. Be good and stay warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

Morning everybody! Yes a really lovely autumn morning here too - such a relief and contrast to the horrible financial news atm.

I'd be really interested in looking at your pictures PP, although I'm afraid I don't speak Welsh either. Glad that the museum is interested in taking it - I hate the idea of any beautiful books being thrown out!

I have loads of work to do in the next few days, but dare say I'll be popping back to Catsey for regular breaks!

Have a good day.

PS. Have a great holiday Dinahsmum!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Flossie
08-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #4

*joins the suffering ones with her cold*

mornin' peeps n cats

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
08-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #5

Morning all!

That Victorian Bible sounds wonderful PP! I have a bit of an obsession with the Victorian era, and would die to get my hands on a vintage Victorian book. Too bad it's in Welsh eh? That's really great of you to give it to the museum. A wee peek at some of the pictures would be great

I'm feeling a tad better today, had a really long, hot bath last night which helped a little, and an early night. Still have a splitting headache, which I am blaming on caffeine withdrawl. It's been 48 hours since my last cup of tea! Hopefully only another day or so of the withdrawl symptoms and I'll be home free.

Lovely and sunny here, crisp and cold again. Thank goodness the rain has gone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #6

Beautiful here this morning.....Leo has the vet later, and the dogs need a good walk today,not much planned, just see how it goes..

Have a lovely holiday DM..Loads of pictures please....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #7

DM - have a lovely, sunny break!! Looks like we're heading for a few days of sunshine here in the UK too, starting today - it's beautiful out!!

PP - that's so good of you to donate the Welsh bible to a museum. I'm sure many local museums depend on people like yourself to help them keep their collections interesting to visitors. I LOVE local history museums

Meep - glad you're feeling better. You're right, most of the symptoms might well be your body detoxing. At least you know that it's 'good' pain . . . bit like coming back aching from the gym!!

I'm feeling a bit better today, moreso if I remain in bed . I can manage doing a bit of stuff, but only in short bursts without the stabbing pains returning and breath running out. Have come down as I'm feeling a bit peckish (OH made a large chilli last night which I shall reheat shortly), and have thrown a few bits into a caserole for the boys' dinner tonight. Will shuffle back upstairs shortly to continue with my book; what luxury - time to read!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #8

Morning All,
Lovely day here today, sun shining and its actually quite warm too.
Still feeling rough, Im taking some strong antibiotics for another thing and they are making me feel quite drowsy and sick its a 14 day course of one lot and a 5 day course of the others so looking like Ill be feeling naff for a while
Glad your feeling a little better Meep, hope your feeling much better today too Yola.

Have a good day all

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #9

Sunny here too, looks like it's over most of the country .......... what a difference it makes to your mood!

Just put a load of washing out which will hopefully be ready to iron later in the day.
I noticed there are a lot of leaves lying around so will be out clearing them after lunch.

Glad most of the poorly people are on the mend .......sorry you still feel rough though Erin, I hope you start to improve shortly (((hugs)))

Have a great holiday DM, spare a thought for us while you enjoy the warm weather there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #10

Erin - do try and take your antibiotics after food, you'll feel less sick and also if you can try eating some yoghurts. I have trouble taking abs too and find these two things do help. Hope you and Yola feel much better soon.