Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
07-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #1

Tabatha is here.

Well, Tabatha arrived this evening. She seems like a lovely old girl and not too upset with her new accomodation. She's hiding behind a chair but has come onto my knee for a wee pet and has eaten some food, not used the litter tray yet though. She's very thin and her tummy feels a bit gassy, so will check and see when she was last wormed. It sounds like she isn't that easy with tablets, her owner gave her the vidalta in a bit of food, but we will find out what's possible tomorrow when I have a go.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #2

Re: Tabatha is here.

Pleased to hear Tabatha has settled in with you ok....how old is she?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #3

Looking forward to hearing about Tabitha and seeing some pictures once she is settled...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Pleased to hear Tabatha has settled in with you ok....how old is she?
Tabatha is a 14 year old, hyperthyriod, FIV positive cat. That is why she will live in the study as I can't risk anymore of my cats catching it, having lost Triger Last month to FIV. All the other cats have been tested and are negative, except Pumpkin, he will be tested on Wednesday when he goes in to have his kneecap fixed. It is permanantly dislocated at the moment. He had the other one done this time last year along with a cruciate op.

So now I really have to concentrate on who gets what medication. 2 cats on Vidalta, 2 on felimazole, 4 on metacam, 1 on cystease, a dog on metacam and a rabbit on an inhaler 3 times a day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #5

Aww dear Tabitha, pleased she is settling in well and may she stay well in herself for some time to come.
You certainly have your hands full with all those animals on meds.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #6

glad she seems to have settled not too badly. Look forward to seeing some photos. Love the name tabitha.

Fingers x'd for pumpkin on wednesday.