Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #1

I'm getting another rabbit tommorow

The children are realy excited , me too. They feel realy sorry for angel that she is all alone. So they asked us if they could have another one well all three did at the same time. Rebecca has already choose a name wether its a boy or girl Geoferry (not quiet sure how you spell it) The OH agreed to get one in morning. I am going to take them both next week to get there vaxs. I will promise to post photos when i find my lead to my camera put it away,
somewhere safe when we moved.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #2

Re: I'm getting another rabbit tommorow

how exciting!! I would love to get a companion for Minstral, but as he's been on his own for 3 years now I don't think it would be a good idea. Next time I will get 2 though. (He does love to run around with the chooks though )

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #3

We have only had angel since the 12th august and she was 10wks when we got her.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
26-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #4

Aww Jane Ive been away for a bit. I'm so glad you have your rabbit even better it may be getting a little friend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
26-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #5

Thats so exciting! Can't wait to hear about the new rabbit
Hopefully we can all get to see photos too!

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6

I think i can download from my phone but not quiet sure. Will try tomorrow when i get my new bunny.

jane and my ever expanding brood

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #7

Good news, Jane; I'm sure Angel will be pleased to have a companion! Could the spelling you want be Geoffrey?

Catsey Veteran

27-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #8

We have just got the new rabbit ,he is about 10wks only a bit younger than Angel. Rebecca decided to call it buscuit. He is brown a mini lop cross with a lion head. He realy is fluffy and rebecca handles him fine. Angel has bit him and has tried to mount him. She chased him around the cage a bit a bit of fur came off buscuit and i think she is the boss. We are getting a bigger cage asap probaly on Saturday. The cage i have seen is i think is too big for the car so i know someone who will pick it up for me as i look after his cat he will do it for me. If i think in the mean time either is in danger i would seperate them straight away. Just going to look for my phone software and lead so i can show you some photo's might no be very good.

jane, Kado,Guinness,Simon,Troy,Chester,Angel and buscuit

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #9

Congrats on getting a new rabbit Jane ............ male eh? Watch out for little buns!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
27-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #10

Hi, if you are trying to bond them there is a set way to do this, firstly it has to be on completely neutral territory... it can take days to bond, and they should be supervised at all times... hope you dont mind me saying, but its a lot trickier than cats/dogs as rabbits can fight to death over territory/bonding.

Also if you are bonding now you will need to separate them in a couple of weeks before they mature otherwise your poor baby will be pregnant... I think its best to keep separate till they are both neutered and then try bonding on neutral territory.