Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

Peppers

I have 8 peppers and loads of flowers on the pepper plant......... we badly need some sun though..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
06-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #2

Re: Peppers

What cute wee peppers! I know you want them to not be cute and wee, but big and tasty! Fingers crossed the sun comes out for you, they do look very healthy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #3

That's a lovely plant Mags - looks very healthy and strong. Come on sun, start ripening those lovely looking little peppers. Do you feed the plant Mags?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That's a lovely plant Mags - looks very healthy and strong. Come on sun, start ripening those lovely looking little peppers. Do you feed the plant Mags?
I haven't fed it at all Angie, just regular watering..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #5

Yours are doing much better than mine, Mags! And we have had our normal hot sunny weather; they should have flourished but have very few flowers and only the odd fruit. Mine are the Thai hot peppers which I've grown successfully for years; don't know why they are so poorly this season..
Hope yours perk up soon. Will you be making stuffed peppers?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #6

I have heard that feeding with Tomorite can help peppers to ripen Mags. Don't know if it's available in the U.S. Eileen!

I have always used it in past years for tomatoes, peppers and aubergines.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #7

I have grown peppers for the first time this year and have about 8 RED peppers now! I am amazed at how quickly thye have all turned red. However, they aren't very big yet, at least not as bit as the ones you buy in the shops. I have been feeding them with tomorite, along with the runner beans and tomatoes. Does anyone know if they grow as big as the ones in the shops? We have had 2 pciking of runner beans and many more to come. They are delicious. I will have to post a photo of the peppers - I am really proud of them! Yours look good Mags. I have kept mine indoors in the conservatory, maybe that's why they have ripened so well?