Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #1

Tuesday's Daily Thread

Gosh it's 12.30 and no Daily Thread that I could find? Sorry if I've overlooked it.

Well, how did you fare last night? My OH had an awful night - he said 2 different storms with thunder, lightning and the works went through, the second being the worse. I slept through it all! Not a rumble did I hear and not a flash did I see. Not all that usual for me to sleep through and my poor old man didn't even wake me up to give him a comforting cuddle. And I had Merlin on the bed - he must have slept through it too. Wonderful!

Grey, windy and much cooler today. A trip to the tip is called for - lots of stuff to be got rid of.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday's Daily Thread

Well, we had lashing rain which woke me up but apart from that there was no thunder or lightening which was great! All 3 cats camped out in the basement because I left them there at about 10.45 and when I came down at about 6.15 they were in more or less the same position and yes . . . they were all still breathing!

Didn't see the au pair this morning so I can only presume she made it through the night

Angie - can you take my stuff down the tip too? I have old work tops, cupboard doors, and old garden table; do you have space??

One of the girls in the office has just gone into town for lunch, so I'm eagerly anticipating my weightwatchers chicken tikka

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #3

Would do if I could Yola!

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #4

Now how embarrassing is this? NEVER BELIEVE WHAT YOUR HUSBAND SAYS! There's me being all solicitous and he tells me that there were no storms and, although he slept fitfully, he was not awakened by thunder, lightning or rain.

I trust that telling a lie that was passed on by somebody else doesn't count!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #5

Afternoon all

We've had heavy storms on and off since 4.30pm yesterday........ also had some very heavy downpours this morning but the sun is out now and the flattened plants are beginning to dry out.

We were supposed to be going to London tomorrow by coach to visit the Houses of Parliament and also a visit to Windsor town but we had a phone call this morning to say the trip has been cancelled due to flooding. When we asked what the flooding was, we were just told they haven't got any details They're phoning back next Monday to see if another date can be arranged, if not we will get a refund. Shame as I was looking forward to that..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #6

There's no flooding Mags . . . it's been raining a bit but not enough to warrant flood warnings! Of course there may be a burst water main in Windsor , but it certainly not due to rain!!

What a shame your trip's been cancelled. We'll all have to be extremely naughty here to keep you busy and your mind off your non-visit

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
29-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #7

Scotland was sunny, calm and hot For a change! Although the weather's taken a change today, the sun has gone but the heat remains and it's so muggy and clammy. So maybe thunder storms are headed our way? I've never seen the cats during a thunder storm before, interesting to see how they react!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
There's no flooding Mags . . . it's been raining a bit but not enough to warrant flood warnings! Of course there may be a burst water main in Windsor , but it certainly not due to rain!!

What a shame your trip's been cancelled. We'll all have to be extremely naughty here to keep you busy and your mind off your non-visit
I wonder if it could have been a burst pipe in the H of P ....maybe!

Naughty??? .......never!! Mischievous ........yes!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola

Now there's an idea Yola, I have been good too long!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #10

Okay sorry not been posting I have been to the cremation...not good but better than I thought although Mal's wife broke down and the service had to be stopped

Had my new TV delivered and stand to go with it built it up and tuned the tv in....easier than I thought what with sky,dvd's vhs recorder sound systems...proud of myself.
Nice telly 32" flat screen thingy....my old one still had a wind up mechanisum attached... I've had it 14 years....and the sound had just started to go. So not bad...hope this one lasts a long.

Sal has just scared the whatsit out of some bloke delivering leaflets he posted it through the letter box but loitered for some reason and she got the other end and pulled it through I opened the door to apologise (as she never normaly does that) and seems he was pulling it back through to put another leaflet in it so maybe Sal thought..."EYE EYE he's stealing our post and decided to pull it through.........." Lord knows bloke okay though....he then got licked by Sal by way of apology.....

Got rid of all the rubbish associated with deliveries., and the old TV and stand...as well as the garden rubbish....I had started decorating the kitchen this morning too...........managed to emulsion the ceiling, udercoat and gloss the paintwork and cut the paper ready to go thats when the TV came and I stopped to do that......done some CP Neturing Voucher work all sorted now oh I've peeled the potatoes too...............and walked the dog etc etc.....so on catsey to cause trouble for Mags.............................although I could be bribed to be good.