Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #1

Train help please

We're off to London next week & I need some help booking the train tickets

What do I do? Book on line? Any tips? Cheapest way to travel?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #2

Re: Train help please

I've done both, booked online and on the phone, but I don't usually bother with booking unless I'm doing as massively long journey, so alternatively just turn up at the station and jump on a train (are you going Brum > Paddington or Euston)?

I'm not sure which is the cheapest option tbh as most of my journeys were work-related and driving by arrival time rather than cost. Also, as it's not being booked too much in advance (if you're travelling next week), not sure if there will be much of a saving provided.

Hopefully someone can offer some more concrete advice than I can

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #3

We need to get to Marlybone from anywhere locally really. I'm going with my friend who lives in Burton on Trent, we live near Stourbridge & we both work in Warwick

We've been before a few times from Warwick parkway & it's not cost us much at all, but looking on the wensites today it seems really, really expensive but not sure if I'm doing it right i've tried chiltern railways from Warwick Parkway & that is very expensive although when we went last year, we just turned up & hopped on a train & it was only about £12 return.

We are seeing a show & taking Ashleigh & Lucy too. But if the train prices I'm getting are correct, we'll drive in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #4

Hiya Kelly when went to London with Katie adn Sophie we booked what we thought was the cheapest/best but found it so slo it was scary we stopped every possible station between B'ham and London with Chiltern......... coming back we were delayed well never saw the train....so I ditched Chiltern and booked with Virgin almost direct saved almost an hour traveling time and much better train too....(may have been luck) so try Virgin......go to your local station they are a great help......speak to a person.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #5

Smudgey, here's an example I did for 1 adult and 2 children from Stourbridge to Euston.......I used the 30th July as an example date...

http://www.thetrainline.com/Buy_Tick...ptEnabled=True

There are some changes of train on this route though

Have you the option to travel there by National Express from your area....that may work out cheaper..