Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #1

Kitten

Well we have got a kitten. No idea where it comes from or even where it goes its a quick little sucker .....know he/she is about due to a bell on the collar thats almost a bg as his/her head.... ....black white with a red collar and a big bell.....proper inquisitive, but nervous. In the garden or on the fence almost every morning this week. Sal keeps looking at him/her but not fussed the kitten that is at being close to a SBT..... ...hope a little more cat sense settles in soon.....and learns to keep away from dogs.

My mission is to find out where he/she lives can't be far...I'd say about 12/13 weeks old max....making me broody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
22-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Kitten

I would me as well. Have you got any pictures yet.

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #3

No mostly seen him/her on my way to work in the mornings, about 5.30/6.00ish....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well we have got a kitten. No idea where it comes from or even where it goes its a quick little sucker .....know he/she is about due to a bell on the collar thats almost a bg as his/her head.... ....black white with a red collar and a big bell.....proper inquisitive, but nervous. In the garden or on the fence almost every morning this week. Sal keeps looking at him/her but not fussed the kitten that is at being close to a SBT..... ...hope a little more cat sense settles in soon.....and learns to keep away from dogs.

My mission is to find out where he/she lives can't be far...I'd say about 12/13 weeks old max....making me broody.
Food for thought Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #5

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............maybe not sure. I miss my two not anyone elses cat thats the thing......but I know to get that again I would need to start from scratch however I think the thing holding me back is will my next cat and I get along as well as we all did. Thats what I do not know and I think the more I think about it and disect it the worse it becomes.....as you play out "senario's" almost in your head. not quite but almost.....what if we do not get on, or more what if we do not have the same "bond" as I did with Oz and Cleat that would be terrible and maybe worse what if we have a better "bond/friendship" built on what I earnt from those two which I think it would be more than possible. Would that be disloyal or am I thinking about it to much.................what I need is for a cat/kitten to drop in and stay taking the planning out of my head.

And dont say go see a litter or kittens because I can be hard hearted moreso than the majority realise. and I will/would Ohh and Ahhh but still walk away.

Oh I don't know, maybe not enough time has passed or maybe too much.....Anyhow off out shortly see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............maybe not sure. I miss my two not anyone elses cat thats the thing......but I know to get that again I would need to start from scratch however I think the thing holding me back is will my next cat and I get along as well as we all did. Thats what I do not know and I think the more I thinkabout it and disect it the worse it becomes,
I felt a bit the same when I lost my Sam Kazz, introducing a new kitten into my lot was a daunting thought, but luckily they all accepted him......

Catsey Veteran

22-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #7

Sorry Moli I edited my post.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #8

When I lost Sam I was adamant that I didn't want another cat but my hubby and children said I should have one so I eventually gave in.

Cassie was totally different to Sam and I wondered if I would ever feel the same about her as I did him. She eventually got into my heart and now I love her as much as I did Sam but in a different way, if you know what I mean. All cats are different and gaining their trust and affection has to be worked at ....... but in the end you have a friend for life

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #9

You never feel the same as the previous ones, My Sam was a very special boy, my boys now are all special in different ways.....
Pity you were not nearer to me Kazz, I know of a little boy who would love you and Sal...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #10

I think you are thinking too much, Kazz! All cats are different, but they all bond in their own way and you love the new one because of who he/she is and getting to know his/her personality and little quirks. The relationship is never the same as before, neither better nor worse, just different! IMO, anyway. Su-ling and Sultan were as different as chalk and cheese, but I loved them both for who they were .....