Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #1

White Wine fans

I've just discovered a wine new to me, Portuguese Vinho Verde. I'm no wine expert, but always read the wine column in the paper; this was recently reviewed; I tried it and loved it. If you like pinot grigio and riesling, think you'll like this, and to make it even better, it's very reasonably priced! I'm going to stock up! Here's a link telling a bit about it. I'm having a glass as I type

http://www.wineloverspage.com/winead...wa20070907.php

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #2

Re: White Wine fans

I remember my Dad raving about this in the 70s and it's right up my street now as I'm very partial to young, white wine rather than the heavy, oakey Chardonnays etc.

The wine does have a bit of a stigma here as it's seen as 'a bit 70s' along with Mateus Rose (not too bad) and Liebfraumilch (truly awful). Unfairly so though as it's fresh and zesty and I like it

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #3

Nice to hear that, Yola! I admit in the 70s to liking Mateus Rose also; not Liebfraumilch. I was really impressed at how nice and light this is, with the little bit of carbonation...pleasant with pasta and seafood. !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #4

Yola - you took the words from my mouth! Vinho verde and I thought 70's! I do like this wine and leibfraumilch too - remember when Blue Nun was very popular?

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #5

I haven't thought of Blue Nun in years, Kim! We used to have it at the seafood place......I don't know if the Vinho Verde wasn't as popular here as the others you and Yola mentioned, I'd never heard of it until just now. Anyway, I like it very much!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #6

Blue Nun, Black Tower etc etc . . . I cut my drinking teeth on those in the early 80s.

Glad you're liking the Vinho Verde . . . and yes, a lovely seafood risotto or pasta dish would be perfect with it