Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #1

Thursday Daily?

Can't seem to find one; everyone busy today? It's late but I'll start; apologies if I somehow missed it..

Gorgeous weather today; cool front thru overnight, sunny, 26C and both low humidity and no threat of afternoon storms for the first time in weeks! Leia is much livelier than she's been in days...went tearing thru the hall and dashing up her ladder this morning! Nothing new here; usual market run and tomato/bean watching. The two ripening tomatoes are so far unscathed by both the squirrel and the catbird; maybe I will get to eat them myself..!

Hope all are well and that your rains have let up .....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #2

Re: Thursday Daily?

Lucky you with your gorgeous weather Eileen, it's been raining heavily here ........the garden won't need watering for weeks at this rate!

Cassie has been rather quiet today and is only picking at her meals .....maybe the weather is getting on top of her too but I'll keep a close eye on her.

Right.....who's had a dry day today??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Lucky you with your gorgeous weather Eileen, it's been raining heavily here ........the garden won't need watering for weeks at this rate!

Cassie has been rather quiet today and is only picking at her meals .....maybe the weather is getting on top of her too but I'll keep a close eye on her.

Right.....who's had a dry day today??
Not me, its been pouring all day! poor dogs have not been out either...
been busy though, decided the whole house needed a clean from top to bottom, just finished....
Got a late Airport run tonight too....
Hope despite the rain, you have all had a good day....

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #4

This is my third Summer on here, and am I imagining things or isn't it raining more than usual?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #5

I think you're right Eileen, it does appear that we are getting wetter summers and there have also been floods in the last couple of years in parts of the country..

Here we are now almost in the middle of July and we have had a couple of weeks sunshine and that's it.. No wonder people living here go abroad for their holidays...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #6

It's been a mixture of a litle bit sunny and drizzly today here.

I've bought Beauty some new toys, and done a little bit of rescue work. And working.

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #7

I do suspect global warming is messing things up. I don't know if any of it has been shown on TV there, but we've had torrential rains in the midwest with consequent severe flooding, terrible wildfires on the Pacific coast, and the first hurricane (early!) in the Atlantic!
Food prices are already high. and will be worse now because of the flooding in the nation's breadbasket, plus so much land turned to corn for ethanol. And with high gas prices the cost of transporting it is up too......(heavy sigh!)