Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Lexi & Eddie
30-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #1

Too Tiny!

Hi all

I picked these 2 tiny bundles up last week from my other half's work yard, we think they were dumped as they are definitely not feral. They are tiny, 535g and 595g. You can feel all their bones, its horrid. I'm not an expert with cats but I reckon they are around 5/6 weeks at most. The tabby, Reggie, is the larger of the two and has a nice round tum but Ronnie the black one, is really too skinny.

They are just starting to come out of themselves now and play. Ronnie is a lot quieter than Reggie though and does cry to be picked up, he's already learnt that if he stands on my foot then I have to pick him up, even if its just to put him back on the floor!!

I have completely fallen in love which isn't good as in the long run they cant stay. We already have 2 puddies, and they aren't that keen on the kitties either!

So I'm after any advice anyone can give, I've never had such young kittens before so dont know if I should be doing something I've not thought of, also any advice on getting my older two cats to like them (the older ones are only 19 months old)!

Thanks, I'll post pics in the pics section.

Ria

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #2

Re: Too Tiny!

Oh dear, was there no sign of a mum cat at the yard? Poor babies. Personally I'd give the vet a call, have them health checked and get some kitten food from them to help build them up.
There are others here who are better qualified than me when it comes to kittens and rescues, I am sure they will be able to give better advice than me.
How are your other two behaving towards these little mites? May be best to keep them separated for the time being.
Wishing them both and you all the very best of luck and love xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #3

Oh I hope that these little ones thrive RRR.
Such a shame if they were dumped I don't know abot kitten rearing but Elaine's advice is sound. A vet check is vital and maybe the local CP can help. It is very loving of you to take these orphans under your wing but you have to consider your own cats. Maybe in time they'll all get along. You have your OH onside, giving them names , so I hope things work out

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Lexi & Eddie
30-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #4

They've been checked, de-flead and wormed. They are on kitten food also alongside small amounts of AD with water.

They are improving day by day so I'm positive they will survive. I've had two offers for homes this afternoon as well which is excellent. They wont be going anywhere for a few weeks yet though, not until they have put on enough weight and been vaccinated.

My two adult cats have just hissed a few times and growled but not attacked or even touched the kittens. We are keeping them seperate at the moment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #5

Thats good news RRR hope the new homes for these kitties will be just the ticket! Bless you for being so kind !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

Well done you rescuing those wee mites!