Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #1

Saturday's Daily Thread

Hiya! I'm catching you all early this morning, up ready to take off to Cornwall. About a 4 hour trip so off to an early start. Weather is awful dull grey and solid drizzle,hope it improves as we drive south.
My bro and sis-inlaw house and petsitting, so spoiled furkids when we get home...

Have a good w/e all. Looking forward to seeing you all again on Monday

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #2

Re: Saturday's Daily Thread

Morning all!

Dull and drizzly here too, I don't envy your drive to Cornwall this morning PP but I hope you have a nice weekend there.

Just a routine day here, nothing special planned.

Looks like the longest day is going to be wet here..

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend whatever you are doing..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #3

Wet here in Essex this morning. Off to the airport soon. Have a great weekend everybody !!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
21-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #4

Morning all

Its pouring down here,typical cause its the first day of a week off work for me
Things are moving along quickly at work with closing it down,in jan we had 10 units open with 45 clients on site,we now have 4 units with only 13 clients left. Our unit is going to be the last one to close. We have started losing some of our staff already,its getting quite sad actually,one of my best friends left yesterday
Not much planned for today other than some house work that needs catching up on.
Hope you all have a good day

Global Moderator

21-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Morning all

Its pouring down here,typical cause its the first day of a week off work for me
Things are moving along quickly at work with closing it down,in jan we had 10 units open with 45 clients on site,we now have 4 units with only 13 clients left. Our unit is going to be the last one to close. We have started losing some of our staff already,its getting quite sad actually,one of my best friends left yesterday
Not much planned for today other than some house work that needs catching up on.
Hope you all have a good day
The run down to closure is always sad Erin, have you been given an actual closure date?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
21-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #6

I've not got a lot planned - just looking after Beauty, and not much else!

What a boring life I lead eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #7

Morning all - overcast here but currently not raining.

I've just come off the phone to the vet - booked to take Merlin in on Monday 8.30 am!!!!! Poor love, won't know what's hit him that morning, so early (neither will I). He'll be on IV for 24 hours before the op.

OH has started toothache yesterday night - luckily it only really hurts when he eats or drinks, so he's on paracetamol and hopefully he'll be able to phone his dentist on Monday - or perhaps he ought to go to the vet's too?

Things never happen singly, do you find?

Anyway, not much planned here today. Some laundry and a bit of housework. OH has got lots of sport to try and choose between. Oh, and I think I might start searching for clues for next week's quiz - keep my mind off things.

Have a good Longest Day everyone, even though it looks as if the weather isn't going to co-operate - and enjoy your weekend.

Global Moderator

21-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #8

Angie, well wishes and healing vibes are on their way to Merlin for Monday ......... and calming ones for you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #9

Thanks Mags - I'm certainly going to need them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #10

Hi, all! The first full day of Summer is gorgeous here: 24 degrees, cloudless blue skies, a gentle breeze...what you dream of on a cold grey February day......nothing new here, I too lead a rather boring life: library run and got gin at the liquor store. Papers and puzzle this afternoon; I do miss the Saturday quiz!

PP: hope the weather improves for your weekend!
Angie:
the virtual ocean liner I chartered is steaming across the Pond now loaded to the plimsoll line with healing and calming vibes! And ouch! to OH's poor tooth!
Erin: closures are always sad; I went thru it when the company I'd worked at for 39 years was sold..people leaving..not nice! Chin up, hon!

Hope all have a pleasant day!