Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Sunday (Father's Day)

Good morning everyone!

Happy Father's Day to all all Dads and especially those who allow their wives so much time on Catsey!! Hope you all have a good day!

We had a great day in London yesterday and I would thoroughly recommend the London Eye and Thames Cruise to anyone. The weather was good so that made it more enjoyable and the sights from the top of the Eye were very clear. I wouldn't say no to doing it all again!

Back to earth and the washing machine today! My daughter and her family will be popping in later today.

Have a lovely day all - and those with dads and 'hubby dads'....... go on, spoil them today!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Sunday (Father's Day)

Morning all, we have rain, sun and very windy today....Just done the Airport run, now back to housework, and preparing the dinner....
Have a good one everybody....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #3

Morning everyone.

Sounds like you had a great day in London. I am taking the girls to London on 31st July - they've never been before but they don't know they are going yet as it is going to be a surprise. We are going to see Billy Elliot. I think they will love it.

It's Johns birthday today as well as Fathers day.

Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
15-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #4

Afternoon all
Well its raining here. Just my luck when I have Darryle ready to cut the grass.
Soup on, washing done Oh the joys of being in my own home!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
15-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #5

Afternoon all

Roast in the oven - Beef, late luch early tea, Daughter has her football presentation this evening.

Catching up on here and housework x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #6

Good afternoon all!
Gave my dad his FD card and big hugs, was stuck for a pressie but he got some real ales, which he'll like.
Ceri (OH) had cards and some jokey stuff from Claire and Tom.
Meeting my sis from California later, with her kiddies, over for 5 weeks.
I love going up to London , Mags.The big city is wonderful. The London Eye was great but we were there in the rain, very atmospheric though. Love going to the shows, hoping to see Oliver! next year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #7

Hi, all! Mix of sun and clouds here and cooler - 22 degrees. Did my market run and garden stuff; nothing planned but the Sunday papers and crossword. I always feel a bit sad on Mothers/Fathers Days; I lost both my parents when I was quite young: 25 and 34....so those of you lucky enough to have their Dads today give them a big hug! And Happy Birthday to John, Smudgley! What did Bluebell get him?

Have a lovely day .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #8

Hiya all

Should have gone to the garden show today bt the car has decided it is poorly, got to a big island pulled up at the lights tried to pull away and sort of shuddered off at "0.000000000000.1% miles an hour" so embarrasing so came home.............did nt want to risk it figure its a spark plug or something........have to pop it to the garage for first aid.

Thinking about it though not sure where I would have fitted another plant in so maybe a blessing in disguise.

Lovely day here weather wise and Sal has been out with me for about 3 hours so she i pleased I did not go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #9

OH set off for Barcelona this morning at about 8 so I've been managing the boys on my own today! It's been quite fun . . .went to my Mum's for lunch, saw George Bush's helicopter convoy flying over head from central London on its way to 'tea' with the Queen in Windsor (she lives near Northolt airport). 5 helis and they made SUCH a racket!

Boys in bed now (Domi's sleeping in with me bless him), dinner nearly ready and front garden being sprinkled. House is very tidy . . . I swear having OH around is like having a 3rd kid LOL!

I'll get some serious abdominals work done on my mat after dinner and maybe watch a soppy DVD