Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
24-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #1

Raven :)

So anyone that has been following my thread about my poor boy Raven must be dying to see the cause of all my worries to say thankyou to you all for being so supportive ive managed to get a few piccies of him. took some last night of him wearing the dreaded cone and the others were taken in the last couple of weeks too. isnt he just a sweetheart?

and one of him upright

will try and get one of his war wound later on, its rather impressive and he keeps rolling onto his back for us to give it a rub because he cant get to it bless him. hes feeling very sorry for himself with the cone on but id rather him like that then pull out his stitches as hard as it is to watch him. hope you all like the photos, thankyou again

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #2

Re: Raven :)

He's such a lovely boy and it's great to see him relaxing at home again.

So pleased that he's on the mend now.......how long does he have to wear the cone for?

Catsey Senior

24-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #3

thanks Mags. to be honest im not sure how long he needs the cone for. we have a check up appointment on tuesday but if hes too miserable in it i may be tempted to remove it before then. i do feel like a big mean mommy at the moment but its for his own good because he does keep trying to wash there

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #4

I know what you mean, they don't understand that it's for their own benefit.. For every day he's wearing it though, it's giving his wound time to heal and the stitches to do their job

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #5

awww. Bless 'im! He's gorgeous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #6

Bless his little socks - he's an absolute love! For some obscure reason, I had pictured him as a black cat. I just love his moustaches!

Lots of love to Raven. Thanks so much for the pictures - it's easier to focus all those healing vibes now. I'd leave that cone on for as long as your vet thinks it necessary - I know you feel mean, but you are in fact being kind (as you know)!!!

**** MORE HUGS **** all round.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #7

He;s stunning: love his facial markings! The "milk moustache"!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #8

He's just adorable, very very handsome

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
24-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #9

He's gorgeous! He has white 'pants' like my friends b+w cat Rodders! If you can, I'd keep the collar on until the stitches are ready to come out, the longer they're in the better ( and they'll start to itch after a week or so, so he's much more likely to attempt some DIY removal!)
Hope he feels better soon.

Catsey Senior

25-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #10

Thankyou everyone, i have told Raven that you all think hes gorgeous but if we're not careful his head might swell and pop the cone off

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Bless his little socks - he's an absolute love! For some obscure reason, I had pictured him as a black cat. I just love his moustaches!

Lots of love to Raven. Thanks so much for the pictures - it's easier to focus all those healing vibes now. I'd leave that cone on for as long as your vet thinks it necessary - I know you feel mean, but you are in fact being kind (as you know)!!!

**** MORE HUGS **** all round.
Thankyou Angie, i am definately going to leave the cone on until i have atleast seen the vet because last night the stitches must have started itching him as he started frantically trying to get at them. it was horrible to see and he was getting very frustrated bless him. i do keep giving his belly a little rub around the stitches though when he allows it so hopefully that relieves some of the itching. he is feeling so sorry for himself today though, hes extremely quiet this morning, i cant wait until those stitches come out!