Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #1

Blackberry or similar

Does anyone here have one of these? I'm thinking of getting a couple for me and OH, but all I know is that you can send/receive email via them. Are they good value, useful or a waste of time?

Any opinions welcome as I'm a serious non-technohead so all the specs in the world mean nothing to me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: Blackberry or similar

I've got a blackberry.
It's good for receiving e-mails when you are out of the office. I don't use mine as a phone, but a lot of my collegues do.
They are big & bulky to carry, but serve a purpose. The new silver ones are nicer than the black ones.

If money is no object I would get an i-phone, they are much better, more stylish, do more things.... but are more expensive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
16-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #3

like Kelly said the i-phone is much better,
the blackberry is just for phone calls and email, the i-phone is like a mini lap top in your pocket

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 tabby's
16-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #4

I am an Apple fanatic but do not have an i phone. I know people that do and they are a good bit of cit. Apple are a good company through and through but I believe you can only get them at the moment on O2. I would never go with them as a mobile provider I am with 3 mobile.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #5

So can you send/receive emails via an iPhone? The chappie in the phone shop said you couldn't . I also quite like the gps function of the blackberry since I don't have a separate satnav . . . does the iPhone do that too?

I have to say I do love apple products especially their phone and don't need much of an excuse to get one, particularly if it does the above!

Catsey Junior

16-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #6

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje.../family/iphone

I would if I was you buy it direct from apple. Above is the link to their i phone. Dont know if it has GPS.

Catsey Junior

16-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #7

Sorry the answer to your question is yes you can receive and send emails very easily. You will also be able to log on to Catsey very easily and write threads as if you were sat in front of your home computer!! It has loads of other great features!! I sound like a sales woman for Apple!!

Catsey Junior

16-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #8

Oh sorry, you will be able to keep all your music on it like an i pod!! You will love it if you get one!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #9

I have a Blackberry that work has provided me with. It's good, but the downside being that I'm never really away from the office!!! lol

It's linked into Outlook on my work PC and so I get all my work emails, appointments and contacts on the Blackberry. I can even open Word and Excel attachments from emails and view and save them.

It's also good for the internet - I can come on Catsey on it and eBay!! etc etc

I use it for MSN Messenger too.

Oh, and you can download music onto it as well.

I do use it as a phone too and don't find it too bulky -although it is a bit heavier and chunkier than my old mobile.

TBH - it has loads of functions that I don't use (and don't know how to!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #10

Ian at work had a silver thing and loved it he has an iphone now I think it is....he adores it but he is gadget man.