Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: tortoisehell
16-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #1

totally devastated

IM so sad today and feel sick in my stomach. A few days ago I got a new kitten and she was beautiful. I have 2 other female cats one 7yrs the other 3yrs everything seemed to be fine the older cat was taking to her quite well and although the other one was not overjoyed with another kitten in the house she never attacked her. anyway came home today and found that the kitten had been killed by my 3 yr old cat I found her in a pool of blood underneath my bed.Words cannot describe how upset I am today Ijust feel so totally devastated . I have had cats and kittens all my life yet although cats take time to get to know each other I never in a million years one would actually resort to killing a young kitten . Does anyone know of this happen ing ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #2

Re: totally devastated

I am so very sorry! I have never heard of this happening before, some of the others will be along soon who may be able to advise you somewhat. ((hugs))

16-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #3

thankyou for you sympathy im feeling so much grief right now

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #4

What a tragic thing to happen, you must feel so devastated. I have never heard of anything like this happening before either...

If you feel the need to share your grief, we are all good listeners here and we will help you through this awful period.... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #5

So sorry to hear this, please don't blame yourself. I have never heard of a female cat doing this to a kitten as well (although I have heard of mother cats killing their own kittens)

How old was the kitten?

16-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #6

6 / 7wks apparently

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #7

Oh i am so sorry. I dont know what to say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
16-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #8

So sorry, I have heard of a mother killing her kittens too....
We are good listeners on here, and will help all we can....Hugs..x

16-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #9

another thing what is upsetting me is her previous owner. She replied to my ad when I said I looking for a kitten to join my other 2 cats . She is a young girl in her twenties and really seemed to care about her cats and not just to make money out of the kittens .Shes been emailing and texting loads about this kitten . When she came to my house to drop the kitten of she said she was really happy that she was giving her kitten to her a good home and she chose me to home her kitten because I had other cats fo company . Since then she has texted me to find out if the kitten has been settling in well and what I have decided to call her etc I Texted her back yesterday to say everthing was fantastic , which it was and I was delighted to have such a cute kitten around . How on earth do I tell her todays events and how one of my cats with no previous behavioral problems has killed her kitten

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #10

Hmmm not sure I would tell her if she as she is quite young. Do you think she would keep trying to contact you if you didn't reply back to her ??

If I was you I would contact my vet and get the cat who killed the kitten checked over to make sure she is ok. I think it is very unsual for a female cat to do this to a kitten. How is she now??