Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
14-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #1

Black cats so sad

Our local RSPCA rescue has put an appeal on their website for people to adopt some of their black cats as nobody wants them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
14-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #2

Re: Black cats so sad

How awful. I have 2 black and 2 b/w cats. The black cats are so loyal towards me. I hope they get homes soon.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #3

Hi Rosie and Jane. There is a previous thread where this was mentioned - that is that black kittens and cats are always the last to be adopted - and members wondered why that is. It is very sad - I do hope your local RSPCA has good luck in finding them all good loving homes really soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #4

It is very sad, but it seems to be quite common. I used to work part time at Wood Green Animal Shelter and unfortunately it was the same there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #5

It's the same here in the States;what a pity! Black cats are beautiful; little mini-panthers. I miss my black Onyx very much....she's been missing for four months tomorrow....

Catsey Veteran

14-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
It's the same here in the States;what a pity! Black cats are beautiful; little mini-panthers. I miss my black Onyx very much....she's been missing for four months tomorrow....
Oh gosh Eileen - I've been away for so long I had no idea that Onyx was missing. I'm so sorry to hear that What a shame after she had made so much progress with you, and you with her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #7

Yes, she came for her breakfast the morning of January 15th and has never been seen since........I did all the usual things: signs, called vets, talked to neighbors, etc, etc. but no joy. She had gone from a wary nervous little cat to a real cuddlebug...purred, talked to me, let me comb her...I hope that she was taken by someone who would give her a loving home......

Catsey Veteran

14-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes, she came for her breakfast the morning of January 15th and has never been seen since........I did all the usual things: signs, called vets, talked to neighbors, etc, etc. but no joy. She had gone from a wary nervous little cat to a real cuddlebug...purred, talked to me, let me comb her...I hope that she was taken by someone who would give her a loving home......
I hope so too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #9

we had the same prob here before Christmas. Over 20 little black and B&W kittens nobody wanted, when we did our appeal we had over 50 phone calls and they were all rehomed, so best of luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
14-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #10

Four months Eileen I can't believe it's been that long, although it probably feels like that to you. Poor baby I hope she is happy wherever she is