Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #1

Ruptured Bladder

My poor Alf is very ill.

He has suffered with cystitis and bladder crystals for the last 3 years. He was admitted to the emergency vet on saturday night when i noticed he was showing the symptoms (straining, licking etc)

They catherised him and he seemed to be doing fine but after they removed the catheter on Tuesday he has gone down hill rapidly. He is now at the Univeristy of Liverpool Small Animal Hospital in a critical condition as his bladder has ruptured.

They managed to recatherise him but nearly lost him under sedation. They are going to try to stablise him further and hope to repair the bladder today.

I'm soo worried about him and any positive thoughts you can give are very much appreciated. Also if you have been through this or know of others that have then please let me know how things went.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #2

Re: Ruptured Bladder

Oh Cheryl, you must be sick with worry I don't know anyone who has had this happen to a cat, but my neighbour's cat almost got that as he suffered a urethra blockage and couldn't pass urine. Thankfully they got him to the vet in time.

I'm am keeping everything possible crossed for your dear Alf. Hugs, and please let us know how he gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #3

Cheryl, how terribly sad and worrying for you. Alf is certainly in the right place and I do so hope he manages to pull through. Positive healing vibes to him and to you too. ***HUGS ***.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
11-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #4

Hope Alf is getting better healing vibes on the way

Tilly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #5

So sorry, Cheryl, how dreadful; healing vibes coming; do let us know how Alf is doing...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
11-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #6

Alf is out of surgery. He's still very sick and the next 48hrs are critical but at least he has got over this hurdle. Thanks for the vibes, please keep them coming as they obviously work Thanks again,Cheryl

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #7

I'll prompt Merlin to think about his healing spells - he has been thinking about it off and on, that is when he's not asleep!

Glad he's out of the op Cheryl. Fingers and everything else possible crossed. ***HUGS***

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #8

Dear Cheryl,
hoping and praying that Alf soon gets better. thinking of you too and crossing all my fingers and toes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskinc
Alf is out of surgery. He's still very sick and the next 48hrs are critical but at least he has got over this hurdle. Thanks for the vibes, please keep them coming as they obviously work Thanks again,Cheryl
Good to hear the op is over. We're with you all the way on this one - what a worry . . .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #10

Oh Cheryl poor poor Alf I am sending lots of virtual cuddles and kisses his way and I hope he pulls through really quickly.

Take care (((((hugs)))))) x