Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #1

Worming the Diva

After my visit to the doctors today, Emma was here for a cuppa and a blether. I decided to worm the cats. Bernie, no problems, he had swallowed it before he realised what was happening. The Diva how ever was another matter entirely. The language not to metion spitting, biting and pulling hair Emma was in hysterics. Eva began to foam at the mouth so i gave in. Let her calm down and eurika!! I have just managed to get her to take it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: Worming the Diva

If there were Oscars for cats, Eva could easily win best dramatic actress! If I were you I'd give her the liquid liver-flavored one with her food....

I will say that while Leia is extremely uncooperative at being pilled, to put it mildly, she has never foamed at the mouth...

I will not let Leia look at this post as it may give her ideas.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #3

You actually managed to get La Diva to take her pill in the end? Well, that's got to be worth a virtual Mars bar for valour!!

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #4

She's never usually that bad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #5

What you have described could have been me worming Leo, he is an absolute nighmare, yet the other 4 are simple...

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #6

And i still havent managed to clip her fron paw yet My next tactic is gonna be an emery board Oh yes and they are also going to be frontlined this weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
20-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #7

pilling my 2 is a nightmare, i have to wrap them in a towel. but the only thing is,when they are wet and i have to use a towel to dry them, they freak, so i end up with a soggy wet kittys on the bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #8

Merlin is attracted to emery boards when I am doing my nails - I've never really thought about trying one on his and actually its his hind legs' claws that need trimming, the front seem OK because he does those himself on the scratching post.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #9

I did try an emery board on my late lovely Patches, who equated nail clipping with having her toes amputated without an anaesthetic...it didn't cause quite as much hysteria, but it didn't work either....... (heavy sigh...)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Merlin is attracted to emery boards when I am doing my nails - I've never really thought about trying one on his and actually its his hind legs' claws that need trimming, the front seem OK because he does those himself on the scratching post.
Balie is and Ferdy was too! Infact Balie licks the nail file odd cat!

Elaine - well done on pilling the minx (sounds like a name for a punk band) . . . thankfully mine are all sweet as pie when taking pills, but Ferdy used to have to be sat on in order to be adminstered medication (he was a big, strong cat)